PDA

View Full Version : Nuri Turlkel ve UAA ge

Unregistered
12-06-08, 06:21
Why do not we have a representitive in Brussel, the heart of European Union? I think if UAA or WUC write a nice, persuasive letter to them I am sure they will subsidise UAA or WUC for having an office in Brussel. When r we going to do it???????? May be Nuri Turkel or ? can be a representitive of Rabiya hanim in that office.

Unregistered
13-06-08, 19:24
Why do not we have a representitive in Brussel, the heart of European Union? I think if UAA or WUC write a nice, persuasive letter to them I am sure they will subsidise UAA or WUC for having an office in Brussel. When r we going to do it???????? May be Nuri Turkel or ? can be a representitive of Rabiya hanim in that office.

Very good point. I let Rabiya Kadir know
thanks

Unregistered
15-06-08, 07:55
I think a french speaking or English speaking European or an Ameican would be perfect for this position. They know how things work in Europe or in America better then Uyghurs since uyghurs are quite new in Europe. They can globolise our cause much faster.

Unregistered
19-06-08, 14:55
I am an American, but I'm not sure I agree with you that an American or European can globalize this cause much faster. People really want to hear from a member of the ethnic group that is being oppressed. When I used to organize events for the Uyghurs, the audience was much more interested in hearing what the Uyghurs had to say than hearing what I had to say, which is the way it should be. I actually consider Nuri Turkel to be both an American and a Uyghur. He's been here for 13 years, his English is perfect, he's a terrific speaker, he's very accomplished and educated, and he's very personable. I personally think he would be a very good choice. Americans and Europeans should be there to support Uyghurs and organize for them but the message has the biggest impact when it is coming from someone who actually lived through the oppression. Just my thoughts.