PDA

View Full Version : Representative of China's Uighur minority rejects terrorism accusations

Uyghur News
21-04-08, 12:16
Representative of China's Uighur minority rejects terrorism accusations

2008-04-21 15:48:23 -

BERLIN (AP) - A leading activist for the Uighurs contended Monday that Chinese accusations of possible terrorist threats to the Beijing Olympics involving members of the Muslim minority group were meant to distract from China's problems in Tibet.

Beijing has made at least two claims of a terrorist threat conspiracy centered on the August games, both of them linked to ethnic Uighur Muslim separatists in the far western Xinjiang region.

«Just recently the Chinese authorities said that they arrested some 45 Uighurs, and that they were terrorists planning to attack foreign tourists, athletes and reporters,» Rebiya Kadeer, the president of the World Uighur Congress, said at a conference in Berlin.
«The Chinese government is attempting to divert the attention from Tibet and get the international community to focus on us,» Kadeer said.

China has tried to portray the insurgency in Xinjiang as linked to terrorist organizations in Central Asia and the Middle East. Evidence has often been scant, though, and some terror experts and overseas law enforcement officials have questioned whether such ties exist.
Human rights groups contend that China exaggerates such threats so it can clamp down on the Uighurs and arrest dissidents. Resentment against the Chinese has long simmered in the traditionally Muslim western region, which borders Afghanistan, Pakistan and Russia.
Speaking through an interpreter, Kadeer, a Chinese Muslim from Xinjiang now living in exile in the United States, called for foreign politicians to stay away from the Olympics' opening ceremony.

She added that «Western democracies should definitely support our struggle for human rights and democracy, and should definitely exert pressure on China.

http://www.pr-inside.com/representative-of-china-s-uighur-minority-r548538.htm

Unregistered
07-05-08, 10:46
Representative of China's Uighur minority rejects terrorism accusations

2008-04-21 15:48:23 -

BERLIN (AP) - A leading activist for the Uighurs contended Monday that Chinese accusations of possible terrorist threats to the Beijing Olympics involving members of the Muslim minority group were meant to distract from China's problems in Tibet.

Beijing has made at least two claims of a terrorist threat conspiracy centered on the August games, both of them linked to ethnic Uighur Muslim separatists in the far western Xinjiang region.

«Just recently the Chinese authorities said that they arrested some 45 Uighurs, and that they were terrorists planning to attack foreign tourists, athletes and reporters,» Rebiya Kadeer, the president of the World Uighur Congress, said at a conference in Berlin.
«The Chinese government is attempting to divert the attention from Tibet and get the international community to focus on us,» Kadeer said.

China has tried to portray the insurgency in Xinjiang as linked to terrorist organizations in Central Asia and the Middle East. Evidence has often been scant, though, and some terror experts and overseas law enforcement officials have questioned whether such ties exist.
Human rights groups contend that China exaggerates such threats so it can clamp down on the Uighurs and arrest dissidents. Resentment against the Chinese has long simmered in the traditionally Muslim western region, which borders Afghanistan, Pakistan and Russia.
Speaking through an interpreter, Kadeer, a Chinese Muslim from Xinjiang now living in exile in the United States, called for foreign politicians to stay away from the Olympics' opening ceremony.

She added that «Western democracies should definitely support our struggle for human rights and democracy, and should definitely exert pressure on China.

http://www.pr-inside.com/representative-of-china-s-uighur-minority-r548538.htm

China has a plan. The pre-Bejing Olympics are not going as they were suppossed to. Too many voices are being heard, too many are getting support from many activist. The world is actually getting a look at China's dark side where murder, rape, violations of basic civil rights happen out in the daylight and are ignored by the officials. The world is getting a taste of the real china, but believe me this little taste is nothing compared to what the victims of china are facing in their own lands supressed and stripped of their human rights.
So now that the world is somewhat aware of these human rights violations, China needs to turn this disadvantage and make it an advantage to themselves. As we look to the war of Terror, the world supports riding our planet of terrorist. And china has already succeded on framing Uighurs as terrorist. Now instead of turning the attention away from the Uighurs why not turn it toward them in a minuplative way the Chinese gove has total controll of. That's exactally what the chinese are doing. They are using the war on terror as an excuse to murder and punish the uighurs and publicize them as terrorist. The Uighurs are muslim, and since the west has realated most terrorist activities to Muslims, this is just the chance they need and are willing to take. So all they have to do is plot a few terrorist like tinklets here and there, kill a few of their own, and maybe blow up a bus or two, and spread some diseases, and call the media immidiatly claiming that the Uighurs did it. This is exactally what China is doing. Because they want to divert the attention from their unhumane violations of human rights they are turning the attentions to their victim whom they claim as terrorist.

But the thing that get's me is: Is the world/all those big shot poloticians/ the leaders of our planet as stupid as they seem. I mean come on, let's ask ourselves a few questions? Who are the Uighurs first of all? Let's look for the truth, not what china claims,but lets dig further in history,let's listean to those vocies so long unheard. When we find who Uighurs are and that's not enough to convice us they cannot be terrorist let's ask ourselves another question. How clean is China's human rights records/ how powerful is China? Well obviouslly they had human rights violations( we're just now digging it up by bits, and I'll say we haven't uncovered the whole skeleton yet ), the media is aware of that. Now we all know China is one of the biggest and richest countries out there, with one of the largest militaries in existance that gets bigger and bigger every day. Oh, and they are communist. So I'd say they're powerful. Powerful to frame their innocent victims as terrorist. Now let's ask ourselves this. Are the Uyghurs capable of finacially/strenth-wise/educationall-wise/anything else you can add of commiting this acts the Chinese have claimed they have. I mean come on, since 1949 these people have been decreasing in numbers, some have never seen anything beside their homes. Ever wonder if there is people out there who doesn't know the rest of the world exists. Well before I moved to America, it was a lot like that. I though our town, the city, and the sky was all that existed. I didn't there was such a thing as America, I didn't know who I was even. All I knew was every day I would see people who looked and spoke like me begging on streets, being beaten by the dark uniformed Chinese at the market place. I would see the wrinkle woven faces of my elders with their sad eyes handing over all they had saved from their crops to the chinese that came with their big trucks. I would remember the chinese comming in the middle of the night and beating my relatives asking them where is the book, where is the book? I remeber them digging up our yards looking for some books polotical fiction fables I didn't understand. I remember many of my neighbor and relatives comming back from prision with their eyes so dark, and so much sorther, with the light gone from their eyes, as if zombies. All I knew was that we were hurt, and the bad guys the Chinese were hurting us. I didn't know there was a whole world out there that we cold voice our troubles too, I didn't know monsters could be stopped. I didn't know anything about the terrorist we hear on television today. To me it was us and the monsters. That's what it's like to all lot of people in my country.

SO if you still thing we're capable of terrorist acts, ask yourself this question: are we truley lame enough to force upon the pain to some other innocents, the pain that has been evey moment of our lives since China occupied us. The people I knew hated sadness more than anything. I once stepped on a bug crushing it to peices. I had a long lecture from at least three of my relatives. With their sad smiles on their faces they told me it was wrong. They ask me how it would feel to have a giant foot come and crush you down to peices. How I could be like the monsters and hurt something else. I learned somthing that day. I learned my people were not capable of being monsters. They know pain, they have seen it in each others eyes, and their own when they look at their reflections, they most certianlly do not need it peering out other innocent eyes. My people are not capable of terror. They are the victims of terror.

Now let's examine the Chinese. Let's go back to Mao. He killied millions to get in the position of power. He wife was killed while saying she was Mao's dog, and she did what her master told her too. We now know that he used many inhumane torture activities to get what he wanted. He was basically a Darwanist. Surviaval of the fittest. Somthing gets in his way, fine; he has power all he has to do is destroy it. Well that plan went well until he realized he couldn't conquer death. The Chinese gov today is not so far from this. They are reaching towards being a world power, even if it means putting their school childern in factories making the McDonald toys the american kids play today. Even if it means killing all the people who get in the way, diverting the media to get what they want said said. Even if it means terrorizing Eastern Turkistan and telling the world Uighurs are terrorist. Unfortunantlly China is succedding, they have many powerful countries in debt to them even the U.S.; they are building up their armies, their military weapons, oh they're getting ready.

And the small voice that's asking the world to stopp them is being stompped down to peices not only by China but some of the rest of the world as well.

Being a victim of terror is sad, it's tragic, but what's more tragic is being the victim while the rest of the world thinks you're the terrorist.

Unregistered
07-05-08, 13:15
you are very emotional and true to your feelings dude..
hope you can achieve all you have dreamed about in the free world.
you deserve it for your courage to take chances.