PDA

View Full Version : Dear Uyghurs

Unregistered
09-04-08, 12:34
Dear Uyghurs,

I hope people will understand that we think there are many different ways to promote the Uyghur cause. Direct political action is one important route, promoting the culture is another important route.[/b]

http://www.uyghurensemble.co.uk
http://www.stethelburgas.org/worldmusicthelondonuyghurensemble.html

with regards

Aziz Isa

Unregistered
09-04-08, 12:39
I hope people realise that the reason why the Tibetan protests have been so powerful over the last few days is because so many Westerners have joined in with the Tibetans. The reason why they have done so is because they think Tibetan culture is really cool.

Unregistered
09-04-08, 13:10
Thank you for your “great discovery!” Why do you turn a blind eye to the persistent and powerful political activities of the people of Tibet over decades, which have really made their cause in the eyes of Westerners “COOL”? Do you think that singing and dancing are the cause of and the solution to our problem? Are you suggesting that we should not organize any demonstrations against Chinese rule but indulge in singing and dancing, which are the only way westerners could understand our plight in a very “vivid” way?

I hope people realise that the reason why the Tibetan protests have been so powerful over the last few days is because so many Westerners have joined in with the Tibetans. The reason why they have done so is because they think Tibetan culture is really cool.

Unregistered
09-04-08, 14:03
Read the following sentences carefully:

Direct political action is one important route, promoting the culture is another important route.

Thank you for your “great discovery!” Why do you turn a blind eye to the persistent and powerful political activities of the people of Tibet over decades, which have really made their cause in the eyes of Westerners “COOL”? Do you think that singing and dancing are the cause of and the solution to our problem? Are you suggesting that we should not organize any demonstrations against Chinese rule but indulge in singing and dancing, which are the only way westerners could understand our plight in a very “vivid” way?

Unregistered
09-04-08, 17:47
That is the theory for nothing. and very good excuse!if the promoting culture is another important, look at the gypsy , they always promote their cultre in every single accasion, still they as No 1 people without the counry !!!!!!!1

Read the following sentences carefully:

Direct political action is one important route, promoting the culture is another important route.

Unregistered
09-04-08, 18:22
yashap kat jangwa gepning nantigidighan yerinila qipsan!
dadang gha rexmet

That is the theory for nothing. and very good excuse!if the promoting culture is another important, look at the gypsy , they always promote their cultre in every single accasion, still they as No 1 people without the counry !!!!!!!1

blue-eyed devil
09-04-08, 19:53
If I may be so bold as to suggest that without the spread of Tibetan Buddhism (and culture) throughout the west, nobody would know where Tibet is, except that they would know that Madame Blavatsky went there and talked with people from another planet.

It is very easy to categorize the people of Eastern Turkestan as 'Muslims', and allow some people to draw negative conclusions from that label, but what do they know? It certainly does not have a negative connotation to people that know about the rich culture of the people living there. If you don't allow the majority to learn the truth about your history and culture, then you allow the stereotypes to take over.

Anyway, maybe that's what the Chinese government thinks. If they can keep the stereotypes of extremism and terrorism painted all over the Uyghur identity, then they can keep the Uyghurs down.

So bring on your Imams to teach, bring on the musicians, and most of all, bring on the food.
Seriously.

Unregistered
10-04-08, 11:20
If I may be so bold as to suggest that without the spread of Tibetan Buddhism (and culture) throughout the west, nobody would know where Tibet is, except that they would know that Madame Blavatsky went there and talked with people from another planet.

It is very easy to categorize the people of Eastern Turkestan as 'Muslims', and allow some people to draw negative conclusions from that label, but what do they know? It certainly does not have a negative connotation to people that know about the rich culture of the people living there. If you don't allow the majority to learn the truth about your history and culture, then you allow the stereotypes to take over.

Anyway, maybe that's what the Chinese government thinks. If they can keep the stereotypes of extremism and terrorism painted all over the Uyghur identity, then they can keep the Uyghurs down.

So bring on your Imams to teach, bring on the musicians, and most of all, bring on the food.
Seriously.
well what i do not seem to understand is why would it be any problem to show ones defiance and disagreement to the oppression in china? you can promote culture and be a passionate human being at the same time?

Unregistered
10-04-08, 21:40
Attention to "medeniyetlik " person Aziz Isa:

WARSAW, April 10, 2008 (AFP) - A southern Polish city has called off a Chinese festival which was due to be attended by Beijing's ambassador because of a planned march by pro-Tibetan campaigners, the authorities said Thursday.

The "Festival of Flowers, Lanterns and Kites", organised by city hall, had been scheduled to take place over the weekend in Kielce, a community of 200,000 people.

In a statement, city officials said they had decided to cancel the festival after learning of plans for a pro-Tibetan protest organised by groups including the Solidarity trade union, which brought Poland's communist regime to its knees in 1989.

Kielce's mayor, Wojciech Lubawski, later told reporters he had taken the decision on security grounds, notably because of concerns about the safety of youngsters at the festival.

"I was concerned about the counter-demonstration, because I've seen the footage, so I know what they're like," said Lubawski, in apparent reference to pro-Tibetan protests in some other European countries which have ended in scuffles.

"It's pretty difficult to explain to children what's going on," he said, adding that he was annoyed that Kielce had been drawn into the conflict over Tibet.

Tibetan leaders in exile say the recent crackdown in the Himalayan region has left more than 150 people dead but China has denied those claims. Beijing, which is facing international outrage, has blamed Tibetan "rioters" and said they killed 20 people.

China-unrest-Tibet-rights-Poland

Blue Eyed Devil
11-04-08, 19:11
Both are legitimate paths.
How 'bout an example.

A few weeks ago, the CCP thugs called Dalai Lama terrorist and the media laughed at them.

Today I read two stories that appear to have been written by Xinhua in the western media about how the Uyghur people are this and that and everyone is taking them seriously.

Now, if they knew the truth, such stories would have been dismissed, but the outcome will be different.

Unregistered
12-04-08, 18:05
You mean how a dancing and singing people could be terrorists, right? Keep dancing and singing until until dismissed.

Both are legitimate paths.
How 'bout an example.

A few weeks ago, the CCP thugs called Dalai Lama terrorist and the media laughed at them.

Today I read two stories that appear to have been written by Xinhua in the western media about how the Uyghur people are this and that and everyone is taking them seriously.

Now, if they knew the truth, such stories would have been dismissed, but the outcome will be different.

Blue Eye Devil
12-04-08, 19:46
Got a wild hair up your a--, huh?

Maybe some of the cultural expositions will demonstrate the long tradition of singing and dancing (AND SHOW HOW IT IS DIFFERENT THAN CHINESE), but if the history and other aspects of the Uyghur culture is presented, a better understanding of the Uyghur people is possible.

Maybe that is not in your game plan. Maybe it is better that the whole world does not know the truth about the Uyghur civilization, but I don't think so.

Go ahead, keep trying to keep the truth about my Uyghur friends a secret. I'll be doing exactly the opposite (and still using my voice, pen, and brain to give 'em a swift kick in the b---s)

Please read my words slowly and carefully (and guard your testicles.)
I will not roll over for you, an unidentified poster, ever.

Rather than discussing the merits of a cultural program with regards to the Chinese government's propaganda, we should be discussing implementing a tour.

Unregistered
13-04-08, 11:41
You are missing the point here. No one is opposing cultural activities here, people just pissed off at the hypocricy in this. If the Uyghurs organizing this event had attended the London protests, we would not be having this discussion here. People are complaining that they did not show up for the protest but almost at the same time organizing a show in name of promoting Uyghur cause. Do not you think it would apprear as if Uyghurs have no problem with the Chinese rule and they are content with the situation? The ill-timing of the show make it look like it is a symbol of content rather than a celebration of Uyghur culture. If it happened at another time, nobody would mind.

Got a wild hair up your a--, huh?

Maybe some of the cultural expositions will demonstrate the long tradition of singing and dancing (AND SHOW HOW IT IS DIFFERENT THAN CHINESE), but if the history and other aspects of the Uyghur culture is presented, a better understanding of the Uyghur people is possible.

Maybe that is not in your game plan. Maybe it is better that the whole world does not know the truth about the Uyghur civilization, but I don't think so.

Go ahead, keep trying to keep the truth about my Uyghur friends a secret. I'll be doing exactly the opposite (and still using my voice, pen, and brain to give 'em a swift kick in the b---s)

Please read my words slowly and carefully (and guard your testicles.)
I will not roll over for you, an unidentified poster, ever.

Rather than discussing the merits of a cultural program with regards to the Chinese government's propaganda, we should be discussing implementing a tour.