PDA

View Full Version : URGENT Help, please --Money transfer to a small town

Unregistered
28-03-08, 10:21
I would like to send some money to a small town in Turpan. As far as I know, there is no Western Union there. What is the fastest and safest way to transfer some money to their bank account? Is Bank of China or China Contruction Bank reliable? How much does the bank withhold? I would really appreciate if someone can give me some advice. Thanks a lot.

Unregistered
28-03-08, 16:27
what i normally do is send money to my best friend in Urumqi through western union, then she send it to the person's bank account. i haven't do any research on sending money directly through other bank.

Unregistered
28-03-08, 17:00
send it via western union. China Agricultual bank is western union's economic partner in China. your friend can get his money if there is a China Agricultual bank nearby. And this Bank is mostly for rural areas. so, your friend shouldn't have problem with getting the money.

Unregistered
28-03-08, 17:23
It's a very simple, just your money with western union, then tell the transfer number to who you want to send, the receiver just go to local post office shows ID and transfer number claim your sending money.

Unregistered
28-03-08, 20:39
Thank you all! I appreciate it.

Unregistered
28-03-08, 23:21
An another way to send the money to Urumqi is sending your money through moneygram (https://www.suhuijin.cn/?search=&agent_company=0&agent_province=%E6%96%B0%E7%96%86%E7%BB%B4%E5%90%B E%E5%B0%94%E8%87%AA%E6%B2%BB%E5%8C%BA&agent_city=%E4%B9%8C%E9%B2%81%E6%9C%A8%E9%BD%90) I did send money to urumqi and money was delivered next day. It is very simple and very cheap service fee
Thank you all! I appreciate it.

Unregistered
28-03-08, 23:29
click http://moneygram.com/index.htm for your area

Unregistered
30-03-08, 05:49
I know no one easly agree for this information, but it is true:

I send money to my brother in Turpan area from one the banks from abroad and I was told my money will reach to my brother via "Bank of China (BoC)" in Turpan. Few days later BoC confirmed my brother that his money is arrived, but he was told by the concerned bank that he has to wait 90 days and only then the BoC will release his money.
This was not a story but a true case ! Same way I send money to Urumchi, never happend like this, however, they charged the receive with approx. 30 EUR although I have paid full amount (charges of sender bank & receiver bank) in my local bank in abroad.

Therefore, make sure with you local bank before you pay to them so no another charges