PDA

View Full Version : Does China considers Uyghurs as its Citizens 2

ormeside
27-03-05, 03:10
here's a link to this topic.
http://www.chinanews.com.cn/news/2005/2005-03-27/26/555538.shtml

NO
27-03-05, 03:14
i don't think china has ever considered uyghurs living abroad as it's citizens. whenever you come across with a chinese person, he will approach you by saying either "hi" or "hello" in english and never say "ni hao" in chinese. let's discuss this topic as i like it very much.

NO No!
27-03-05, 03:28
uyhurs are called "xinjiangren" in chinese cities but they are taken as an international or "laowai" in a foreign country.

lom-lom
31-03-05, 01:11
Uighurs are not given citizenship of Chinese provences and cities. Uighur who want to set up a bussines in Chinese cities are given very hard times.

Uighurs, who have Chinese passports, in central asian countries are not helped in anythin by Chinese Embassies. Their passports are not extended. The Chinese government need Uighurs politically active Uighurs in foreigne countries to imprison them.

no no
13-04-05, 23:37
Uyghurs are not consodered as fully qualified Chinese citizens by the Chinese and its government. Uyhgurs themselves think are Uyhgurs not Chinese

what
14-04-05, 11:18
who wants to be Chinese citizen anyways. I think it is a good thing that those Chinese don't consider us as Chinese citizen. If they do, we will be known to the world as Chinese. NOt as Spanish, Italian, Arabian, Afgani, Iranian, Turkish, and etc.......Thank GOd

Zehra
22-04-05, 22:13
Hi Everyone,
I'm really interested in the Uyghurs in the Xinjiang province and what role the Uyghur community plays in the multiculturalization of China. It is often thought that globalization and the advancement of communication technology will make the world a melting pot in which people of all cultures will be able to live together and integrate while preserving the important values that were developed by their ancestors. In some places, the mixing of cultures seems to go quite smoothly. A person can be both A and B. I was wondering how you view yourself: 1) ethnically Uyghur, nationality-wise Chinese 2) both ethnically nationality-wise Uyghur.
Thank you.
Z

kozo
23-04-05, 00:00
Uyghur of course, no one likes to be regarded as Chinese!

Kuzetci
23-04-05, 00:40
Yes , being multi-cultural is good and fashionable in this world. But the chinese does not want uyghur culture to exist independently, if not why they try to smother uyghur's cultural, and religios freedom? why they make uyghur homeland death sentence capital of political prisoners of the world? and do not obey chinese constutution 36 which gives full autonomy to Uyghur people? ....

In short, The chinese is the invader and occupier to great Uyghur homeland-East Turkistan. we are different in race(Uyghurs are mainly cocausion race), culture,language, and history. So be chinese yourself and do not call us chinese, because we are not.

we can be be a friend and neighbor only if , you as a chinese citizen, and we as a citizen of East Turkistan(Uyghuristan).

Mike
23-04-05, 11:05
for some reasons, since history Uygurian and Chinese can never get along. You might say multiculturalization is a fashionable idea in this world now, however, Uygurian are already a multiculturazed nation since history. The only thing that can't be mix with Uygurian culture and world multiculturalzation are: Chinese nationalism, Chinese idealism, Chinese communism and etc.

Zehra
23-04-05, 11:11
Thanks!
I've gotten some really interested responses. By the way, what is constitution 36? Is there somewhere online that has it posted? Does anyone know how many people in Xinjiang are bilingual in Mandarin and Uyrghur?
Eventhough the "Uyghur are mainly" caucasianoid, there are plenty of multi-racial countries in the world that are making an effort to intergrate. What is the case in Xingjiang?
Thank you again!
Z

Mike
23-04-05, 22:54
Hi Zehra, please don't call Uygurian's land Xinjiang. It is not the name they use, it was given by the Chinese which means new territory. I hope they won't take it in the wrong way.
Zehra Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks!
> I've gotten some really interested responses. By
> the way, what is constitution 36? Is there
> somewhere online that has it posted? Does anyone
> know how many people in Xinjiang are bilingual in
> Mandarin and Uyrghur?
> Eventhough the "Uyghur are mainly" caucasianoid,
> there are plenty of multi-racial countries in the
> world that are making an effort to intergrate.
> What is the case in Xingjiang?
> Thank you again!
> Z

ronagul
25-04-05, 17:39
the chinese believe that the uyghur are citizens but some uyghur do not believe that they are chinese. correct me if i'm mistaken.

Yakup
25-04-05, 22:22
there is no chinese in this world considers Uygurians as chinese citizen. the reason is that, Uygurian do think, act, reasons, and functions as chinese. chinese calls Uygurian "yang gui ze" in china. which means outsiders.

Hu Jintao
25-04-05, 23:12
The Chinese State considers Uyghurs as Chinese slaves and Xinjiang as part of China since ancient times. You are stupid if you believe we think Uyghurs are "Chinese citizens". We think you are "Chan Tou". That is all!

joe
25-04-05, 23:34
wats a "Chan Tou"?

Ismin Anders
25-04-05, 23:57
There is a difference between citizenship and nationality~ ~ ~
Chinese is a citizenship as are Australian and South African.
Uyghur, Kazakh, and Han are nationalities as are Afrikaaner, Sioux, and Gaelic.
The world Chinese should not really be used to describe nationality but instead should used to denote citizenship. So technically, anyone can be Chinese in citizenship, but not Chinese in nationality. It is the same in the United States. There are all different nationalities in the United States but the people are all American citizens.

:-)

"Compassion is the basis of all morality."
Arthur Schopenhauer (1788 - 1860)

me
26-04-05, 02:58
"Chan Tou" = Chink

Ismim Mike
27-04-05, 13:34
do you think they want to be Chinese citizens?