PDA

View Full Version : The Uyghurs on the Silk Road

Unregistered
03-10-07, 14:40
The Uyghurs on the Silk Road: A Celebration of People and Culture
A Premier Event in California at International House
Saturday, October 27

The Uyghurs are one of the many peoples who lived along, and contributed to, the prosperity of the Silk Road and the communities that surround it for many centuries. Sadly, the Uyghurs are considered an endangered people by Art Davidson’s book Endangered Peoples (1993). In response to their declining numbers and because so many people are unfamiliar with the Uyghurs, Rehima Dolan has coordinated a very special event to introduce this culture, her own, to the San Francisco Bay Area for the first time. The International House community is invited to attend the Uyghur Cultural Celebration on Saturday, October 27, at 8:00 pm in the Auditorium, following a delicious buffet dinner in the dining hall featuring Uyghur cuisine. Guests will experience beautiful Uyghur musical and vocal performances, art exhibitions, a demonstration of a traditional Uyghur sport, Dawaz- amazing tightrope walking, architecture, spiritual practices, poetry and tantalizing Uyghur cuisine. This is a rare and unique opportunity to broaden your global perspective while celebrating a rich and fascinating culture! Admission is free for I-House residents, members and alumni and $5 for the general public.

UC Berkeley

oguzhan
03-10-07, 22:00
[QUOTE=Unregistered;27229]The Uyghurs on the Silk Road: A Celebration of People and Culture

Rehima Dolan has coordinated a very special event to introduce this culture, her own, to the San Francisco Bay Area for the first time. The International House community is invited to attend the Uyghur Cultural Celebration on Saturday, October 27, at 8:00 pm in the Auditorium, following a delicious buffet dinner in the dining hall featuring Uyghur cuisine. Guests will experience beautiful Uyghur musical and vocal performances, art exhibitions, , architecture,

Be cause I am in the arts and crafts world I am interested which form of Uyghur art is being exhibited....

and how is the architecture introduced or promoted ?

or which aspect is shown and how ....

We are doing research on Uyghur architecture and would be pleased to know
if there are new publications on this topic.

CONGRATULATIONS !!!!Ms.Rahime Dolan.

In 2003 a mosaic work mine selected by the jury of

Italian American Museum at Fort Mason in San Francisco

and SAMA Society of American Mosaic Artists

was exhibited for four months at the museum 2004 january through april.

OPUS VERITAS : Fragments of Truth was the topic of the competition.

Also gave a lecture on Khotan paper and Uyghur calligraphy to the group of

www.amila.org AMERICANS INTENT ON LEARNING AND ACTIVISM in Berkeley

To promote Uyghur arts and culture we also had Khotan Paper History events at
Boston Turkish Culture where a continous exhibition of Khotan papermakers is to be seen.

Also a small library of catalogues of artworks of contemporary Uyghur painters and calligrahers:Prof.Ghazi Ahmed,Abduxukur Kerim,Muhammed Heyit,Abaidullah Muhammed,Turdi Imin,Iminjan,Alimjan,Dilmurat the sculptor.

cordially,

oguzhan

Unregistered
03-10-07, 22:38
Dear Mr. Oguzhan,

Please leave your contact informatin. I will contact you about your questions.

Sincerely,

Rehima

[QUOTE=Unregistered;27229]The Uyghurs on the Silk Road: A Celebration of People and Culture

Rehima Dolan has coordinated a very special event to introduce this culture, her own, to the San Francisco Bay Area for the first time. The International House community is invited to attend the Uyghur Cultural Celebration on Saturday, October 27, at 8:00 pm in the Auditorium, following a delicious buffet dinner in the dining hall featuring Uyghur cuisine. Guests will experience beautiful Uyghur musical and vocal performances, art exhibitions, , architecture,

Be cause I am in the arts and crafts world I am interested which form of Uyghur art is being exhibited....

and how is the architecture introduced or promoted ?

or which aspect is shown and how ....

We are doing research on Uyghur architecture and would be pleased to know
if there are new publications on this topic.

CONGRATULATIONS !!!!Ms.Rahime Dolan.

In 2003 a mosaic work mine selected by the jury of

Italian American Museum at Fort Mason in San Francisco

and SAMA Society of American Mosaic Artists

was exhibited for four months at the museum 2004 january through april.

OPUS VERITAS : Fragments of Truth was the topic of the competition.

Also gave a lecture on Khotan paper and Uyghur calligraphy to the group of

www.amila.org AMERICANS INTENT ON LEARNING AND ACTIVISM in Berkeley

To promote Uyghur arts and culture we also had Khotan Paper History events at
Boston Turkish Culture where a continous exhibition of Khotan papermakers is to be seen.

Also a small library of catalogues of artworks of contemporary Uyghur painters and calligrahers:Prof.Ghazi Ahmed,Abduxukur Kerim,Muhammed Heyit,Abaidullah Muhammed,Turdi Imin,Iminjan,Alimjan,Dilmurat the sculptor.

cordially,

oguzhan