PDA

View Full Version : Dualar

The Hunter(Owqi)
25-07-06, 10:52
TAKING REFUGE

O God, verily I take refuge with You from avarice. I take refuge with You from cowardice. I take refuge with You from being thrown back to the most contemptible life.I take refuge with You from the temptation of this world. I take refuge with You from the punishment of the grave.

O God, verily I take refuge with You from covetousness which leads to disgrace and from coveting a thing which is not to be coveted, and from covering a thing for which there is no hope [in attaining].

O God, verily I take refuge with You from knowledge which does not benefit, and from a heart which is not humble, which is not satisfied. I take refuge with You from hunger (for what a bedfellow it is!); from perfidy (for what a bad friend it is!); and from sloth, avarice, cowardice, and; from being thrown back to the most contemptible life; from the temptation of the Dajjal and the punishment of the grave; and from the temptation which is in life and in death.

O God, verily we ask You for imploring, humble, and penitent hearts in Your cause.

O God, I ask You for Your resolutions of forgiveness, and the causes of Your mercy, and for security against any sin, and for the booty which is in every piety, and for attainment unto Heaven and salvation from Hell.

O God, verily I take refuge with You from stumbling into destruction, and I take refuge with You from sorrow, drowning, and death [under a crushed house]. I take refuge with You from dying while turning [my] back on Your cause, and I take refuge with You that I should not die in pursuit of the world.

O God, verily I take refuge with You from the evil which I know and the evil which I do not know.

O God, keep me away from detestable qualities and deeds, diseases and lusts.

O God, verily I take refuge with You from harsh trial, affliction, ill luck, and the malicious joy of enemies.

O God, I take refuge with You from unbelief, debt, and poverty. I take refuge with You from the punishment of Hell. I take refuge with You from the sedition of the Dajjal.

O God, verily I take refuge with You from the evil which is in my ear and my eye, from the evil which is in my tongue and my heart, and from the evil which is in my sperm.

O God, verily I take refuge with You from the evil neighbour in the place of residence for the neighbour in the desert moves from place to place.

O God, verily I take refuge with You from harshness, heedlessness, poverty, despisedness, and misery. I take refuge with You from unbelief, poverty, disobedience, affliction, hypocrisy, the evil qualities, scarcity of sustenance, vanity, and eye service.

I take refuge with You from deafness, dumbness, blindness, insanity, black leprosy, white leprosy, and [other] mean diseases.

O God, I take refuge with You from the withdrawal of Your grace, and the removal of Your protection, and from Your sudden revenge, and all Your displeasure.

O God, verily I take refuge with You from the punishment of Hell and the trial of Hell, and from punishment of the grave and the trial of the grave, and from the evil temptation of wealth and the evil temptation of poverty, from the evil temptation of the Dajjal, the False Messiah. I take refuge with You from debt and sin.

O God, I take refuge with You from a soul which is not satisfied, from a heart which is not humble, from a ritual prayer which is not profitable, and from a supplication which goes unheard. I take refuge with You from the evil of grief and the affliction of the heart.

O God, verily I take refuge with You from the dominion of debt, the dominion of the foe, and from the malicious joy of enemies.

May God send blessings upon Muhammad and upon each chosen bondsman in allteh worlds.
Amen!

Excerpt from Imam Al-Ghazali’s Invocations and Supplications (Kitab Al-Adhkar Wa’l-Da’wat) from the Revival of the Religious Sciences.