PDA

View Full Version : Chinese VISa

Unregistered
16-02-15, 23:06
I am sorry for putting this up again here. As you may know, recently I have posted a thread about the trouble getting Chinese visa for visiting my family back home and stating how difficult, or impossible it is to have Chinese visa since, first of all, we are Uyghur and second, place of birth still shows China on our American passport or European passports.
However, recently I have found out that we can, as U.S citizens born abroad, list our city or town, rather than the country, of our birth on our US passport.

So just to want to share with you that we can in fact use our city or town name instead of China. You can go to any passport office and let them know that you want to list city/town name instead of the Country.
And I want to find out if anyone has opted to use city instead county before or has anyone had even more trouble should he/she listed city name instead of country? Please share.
thanks!

Unregistered
18-02-15, 14:55
I am sorry for putting this up again here. As you may know, recently I have posted a thread about the trouble getting Chinese visa for visiting my family back home and stating how difficult, or impossible it is to have Chinese visa since, first of all, we are Uyghur and second, place of birth still shows China on our American passport or European passports.
However, recently I have found out that we can, as U.S citizens born abroad, list our city or town, rather than the country, of our birth on our US passport.

So just to want to share with you that we can in fact use our city or town name instead of China. You can go to any passport office and let them know that you want to list city/town name instead of the Country.
And I want to find out if anyone has opted to use city instead county before or has anyone had even more trouble should he/she listed city name instead of country? Please share.
thanks!

The Chinese consulate in DC says it does not recognize a city as a place of birth and that you need to change your place of birth to a country - China - before they can even start processing your application. Basically they come up with any reason they can to deny Uyghurs visas.

Unregistered
18-02-15, 22:15
That means the people, who bragged how easy it is to have Chinese visa as long you listed any place other than China, are lying.
Quite a good information. thanks!

Unregistered
18-02-15, 23:19
Many countries, including USA and other western countries, will refuse to process any visa application without having country of birth on the travel document at the first place.
if you pass to USA from any land border, first question from border control officers will be "where were you born"?

do not be fooled by trusting those cheap advise of ignorant people. if you hold any passport that does not clearly states where were you born then your visa application to any reasonable countries will be flatly denied. it is guaranteed.

Unregistered
19-02-15, 17:05
Not true. I have the city of my birth on my US passport instead of "China" and I've traveled to several countries in Europe and Asia without any problem. The Chinese consulate is just using the place of birth as an excuse not to issue Uyghurs visas. The US passport does not say "country of birth" it says "place of birth," so a city as a place of birth is legitimate on the US passport.

Many countries, including USA and other western countries, will refuse to process any visa application without having country of birth on the travel document at the first place.
if you pass to USA from any land border, first question from border control officers will be "where were you born"?

do not be fooled by trusting those cheap advise of ignorant people. if you hold any passport that does not clearly states where were you born then your visa application to any reasonable countries will be flatly denied. it is guaranteed.

Unregistered
19-02-15, 22:41
I couldn't agree more!!! Yes, my EU passport listed a town name and chinese consulate has issued visa number of times!!
As

Unregistered
19-02-15, 22:49
The most stupid thing I have ever heard in my life.. How stupid you can be in order to post this???

It is issued by the usa, and the U.S. border control asks where i was born?? It never aks where you are from once you hand your passport!!!
If you work for chinese government, I am telling you, the requirement chinese agnecies have for the spies is out of question!!

Unregistered
20-02-15, 21:20
Ixekingni yalap kelgina haramzede, 'place of birth' digennimu emdi hitayning yalghan yatiwaq texwiqatigh ohxutup qoyupsen, Hitay Chegra Kontrollidin baxqa hich yerde buni soraydighan is yoq. Or you are still remembering cultural revolution !

U yerge ''Long live Great China'' yaki ''Unseparatable Xinjiang" dep yazamsen, Uyghur bolsang netinje ohxax.