PDA

View Full Version : Uyghur Identity Project - Research/short documentary project

Unregistered
20-02-14, 17:15
Salam,

I'm working on an undergraduate honors research project for my journalism degree at the University of Oklahoma. The short documentary style video project focuses on the the dismantling of the Uyghur identity in Eastern Turkistan, struggles to preserve that identity, and Uyghur agendas in the 21st century. The video will be accompanied by an article.

The documentary will have several sections including: Uyghur language and education policies; Uyghur political activism; Oppression and resistance/ Protests and movements (with strong focus on 2009 Urumchi Protest Movement); Other tactics employed to deconstruct Uyghur identity; and the platform/agenda of the Uyghur community in exile.

I want to get as many perspectives as I can for this project. I would appreciate any kind of documents, pictures, videos (not accessible online) that address the topics/issues I have described above. Please send material to uyghuridentityproject@gmail.com

My project deadline is the set for the end of April, but I start editing early April. So please send material to me as soon as possible.

Thank you,
uyghuridentityproject@gmail.com

Unregistered
21-02-14, 17:18
Salam,

I'm working on an undergraduate honors research project for my journalism degree at the University of Oklahoma. The short documentary style video project focuses on the the dismantling of the Uyghur identity in Eastern Turkistan, struggles to preserve that identity, and Uyghur agendas in the 21st century. The video will be accompanied by an article.

The documentary will have several sections including: Uyghur language and education policies; Uyghur political activism; Oppression and resistance/ Protests and movements (with strong focus on 2009 Urumchi Protest Movement); Other tactics employed to deconstruct Uyghur identity; and the platform/agenda of the Uyghur community in exile.

I want to get as many perspectives as I can for this project. I would appreciate any kind of documents, pictures, videos (not accessible online) that address the topics/issues I have described above. Please send material to uyghuridentityproject@gmail.com

My project deadline is the set for the end of April, but I start editing early April. So please send material to me as soon as possible.

Thank you,
uyghuridentityproject@gmail.com

Hi there,

It could be a great project for your research if you make some substantial efforts. You should come to DC and interview several uyghur activists (including Rabiye Kadier, Alim Sytov, and others). By doing that, you may learn something new about uyghur and understand more about uyghur. There are many uyghur around DC area, you may find reasonable answers here. Journalism is all about people, without talking to real people: documents pictures , videos are meaningless, these are data only. Good luck.

Unregistered
22-02-14, 13:36
Of course! I am planning to spend Spring Break (March 15-22) filming interviews in the Northeast. I am in the process of scheduling interviews now. But I still need supplementary documents, photos and videos to complement and explain the interviews. I have gathered some research, but I could use more original documents, photos and videos that haven't already been published. So once again I would really appreciate it if you would send such documents to me or contact me at uyghuridentityproject@gmail.com. If you are interested in sharing your perspective and live in the United States, please contact me so we can schedule an interview for Spring Break.

Kop Rehmet!