PDA

View Full Version : My Opinion on Rabiya Kadir's Nomination

Turdi Ghoja
11-05-06, 23:29
It came as a surprise to me that the discussion about Rabiye Kadir’s self-nomination has suddenly boiled over. I can understand if some people have concerns. But, it is not difficult to tell that most of the postings belong to a small number of individuals who are trying to persuade us that she is not up to challenge of leading UAA. I already posted my opinion on this issue in Uyghur, now I want to recap it in English.

It is a fact that she needs to overcome language and cultural barriers, but she has already proven that she could overcome them with the help of a translator. As a leader she brings to table something that the rest of us could not—authority and ability to mobilize our community. Last March’s Uyghur Cultural Event at the Capitol Hill was a perfect example. No one could have orchestrated what she did. She also did very well at the several congressional hearings that she testified in the past year. Yes, she does not have a Princeton degree nor she talks like a seasoned, smooth talking politician, but some things she does have: ability to get help from the community members when she needs it, endless energy and passion for our cause, righteousness and decisiveness, and tremendous courage and spirit of self-sacrifice.

She got everything—money, fame and power, but she gave all up for the truth, justice and her people. Some times I ask my self if I could do the same if I had what she did. The best answer I can come up with is I do not know. But, one thing I do know though is I usually think more than twice about community matters that costs me significant amount of money and time. I know that I am one of the more generous ones in this regard. You can figure out the rest yourself. Some of you might think this is irrelevant to the point in these discussions, but I disagree. We need a selfless and authoritative leader more than ever.

Being a leader is not about doing everything yourself, it is more about your ability to lead and mobilize the people your represent for greater good of the community. UAA is not just about having our voice heard; it is also about building infrastructures for our growing community. Admit or not, we are here to stay for a while; we better start thinking about the long-term needs of our community. For this purpose we need some one who can bring the whole community together. She is perfect for that.

She has the time, energy and desire, let’s give her a chance and be supportive. With Alim at her side as a full-time assistant, she can accomplish more than any one. Let’s put this pointless discussion to rest and move on.

Turdi

Unregistered
12-05-06, 00:13
I totally agree with Turdi, now it is time to support Ms. Kadeer and her experienced aides (Alim and Omar). Kadeer's high profile and prestige will contribute to this cause more than anything else. I understand that questioning and criticizing is a basic right of individuals, but just can not see anything to be critical in this case.

Unregistered
12-05-06, 08:54
Once again, very well said Turdi!

Unregistered
12-05-06, 12:07
I am 100% sure if Ms Kadeer go through this election, she will get elected with landslide, but simply abandon the election, is it wise in the long run? I don't know the detail about UAA election, it's just strange seeing election result without election?

Unregistered
12-05-06, 16:11
THANK YOU, Turdi. Your posting is full of "points"(I mean, MOVING). I guess we just got used to do things purely from emotional perspective. But I want you to understand that the majority of people here are truely concerned about the future of the Uyghurs, and that is why they spend their time to discuss these issues. I thought you can see the difference between constructive discontent and being critical. If you do not want "pointless" discussion, next time you better put a note saying"no public opinions allowed"(oops, sounds like communist China) or just keep the information for internal use.

There is no way we do not support her. We all have same goal. The only difference is the way how we support her. I believe she will do many things that you guys haven't.

Congratulations to Rabiye Hanim!

It came as a surprise to me that the discussion about Rabiye Kadir’s self-nomination has suddenly boiled over. I can understand if some people have concerns. But, it is not difficult to tell that most of the postings belong to a small number of individuals who are trying to persuade us that she is not up to challenge of leading UAA. I already posted my opinion on this issue in Uyghur, now I want to recap it in English.

It is a fact that she needs to overcome language and cultural barriers, but she has already proven that she could overcome them with the help of a translator. As a leader she brings to table something that the rest of us could not—authority and ability to mobilize our community. Last March’s Uyghur Cultural Event at the Capitol Hill was a perfect example. No one could have orchestrated what she did. She also did very well at the several congressional hearings that she testified in the past year. Yes, she does not have a Princeton degree nor she talks like a seasoned, smooth talking politician, but some things she does have: ability to get help from the community members when she needs it, endless energy and passion for our cause, righteousness and decisiveness, and tremendous courage and spirit of self-sacrifice.

She got everything—money, fame and power, but she gave all up for the truth, justice and her people. Some times I ask my self if I could do the same if I had what she did. The best answer I can come up with is I do not know. But, one thing I do know though is I usually think more than twice about community matters that costs me significant amount of money and time. I know that I am one of the more generous ones in this regard. You can figure out the rest yourself. Some of you might think this is irrelevant to the point in these discussions, but I disagree. We need a selfless and authoritative leader more than ever.

Being a leader is not about doing everything yourself, it is more about your ability to lead and mobilize the people your represent for greater good of the community. UAA is not just about having our voice heard; it is also about building infrastructures for our growing community. Admit or not, we are here to stay for a while; we better start thinking about the long-term needs of our community. For this purpose we need some one who can bring the whole community together. She is perfect for that.

She has the time, energy and desire, let’s give her a chance and be supportive. With Alim at her side as a full-time assistant, she can accomplish more than any one. Let’s put this pointless discussion to rest and move on.

Turdi

Unregistered
12-05-06, 16:51
why don't kahar barat nominated herself?

Unregistered
12-05-06, 17:14
So what is your point? If you believe Rabiye Hanim will do many things than others, then are there any need to keep discussing on this matter whether she fit the position or not? You just contradict yourself.

THANK YOU, Turdi. Your posting is full of "points"(I mean, MOVING). I guess we just got used to do things purely from emotional perspective. But I want you to understand that the majority of people here are truely concerned about the future of the Uyghurs, and that is why they spend their time to discuss these issues. I thought you can see the difference between constructive discontent and being critical. If you do not want "pointless" discussion, next time you better put a note saying"no public opinions allowed"(oops, sounds like communist China) or just keep the information for internal use.

There is no way we do not support her. We all have same goal. The only difference is the way how we support her. I believe she will do many things that you guys haven't.

Unregistered
12-05-06, 17:27
Whatever point you make, it goes nowhere. Rule was set, decision was made. There is no more point left. I agree with Turdi just end this no point or pointless discussion.

Unregistered
12-05-06, 20:52

Turdi

Turdi,

I have some of your postings in the past and I liked them a lot. I am indeed, a strong supporter of Mother Rabiya. She has the passion for the Uyghur cause and self- sacrifice. She made money and made herself famous and yet she is very humble and easy to talk to and cares about other people. I have the greatest respect for her. She has the ability to lead people. She has the strageties to move the Uyghur cause further. She sacrificed herself and her family and how many of us can do that?????

Yes, she does not speak English but has assistance and many people are willing to help. Cultural barriers??? I am not cencerned about it. My only concern is that she should not worn out herself because we need her to be well.

Hormetlik Rabiya ana,

Sizge kayilman we sizni qin dilimdin kolaymen. Siz millitimiz uqun kop bedel tolidingiz we tolewatsiz. Hudda sizge saghlamlik, tehimu kop kuq bersun.
Men sizge we sizning kabilyitingizge, toligen bedelliringizge, yuksek ghayingizgha chongkur kayilmen. Sizge utul tileymen. Siz kilwatken ishlar nahatyi japalik we kiyin birak sizge ishinmen. Birak siz ozingizni bek charchatmang chunki biz sizge muhtaj!

Kizingiz,
XYZ

12-05-06, 21:36
One person posts dozens of messages within 2-3 hours it does not make him/her the "majority of people," it only makes him/her irrational or, by your favored term, "emotional," or lack of good judgement as the case with your comparing Turdi to communist China.
I you believe she will do many things we could not, what is your point then? We knew she would nominate her self long time ago, why some one (maybe you) start a discussion or, more accurately, a monologue now? You may call it a discussion, but many people think it is not. The opposing view cited two concerns: 1. She is not capable of leading UAA
2. It will damage her image as a leader of worldwide Uyghur movement.

The first one does not have merit as Turdi and others pointed out. The second one does not have any merit either. To me it sounds like an attempt to confine her to a king's chair in an empty palace so that the generals could have their way in the fields. Unfortunately for them, she would rather be a foot soldier in the battle field than a king in an empty palace. In her own words, she wants to be where the action is. That is Rebiya Kadir. You've better get used to it.

Unregistered
12-05-06, 21:40
Herself? Maybe that is why. He does not want to be a her.

why don't kahar barat nominated herself?

Unregistered
12-05-06, 22:30
I hope you have enogh evidence to prove "one person posted dozens of messages within 2-3 hours." your "maybe, could be, should be" s don't count. Give me a solid proof to show that I caused trouble here. If not, you better watch out what you said. You know the cosequence, right? or you want me to tell you?

As for "she will do many things that you haven't", I simply REPEATED what you guys have been saying for days or weeks. What is wrong with that? If you don't have enough confidence on her, that is your problem. But I do.

One person posts dozens of messages within 2-3 hours it does not make him/her the "majority of people," it only makes him/her irrational or, by your favored term, "emotional," or lack of good judgement as the case with your comparing Turdi to communist China.
I you believe she will do many things we could not, what is your point then? We knew she would nominate her self long time ago, why some one (maybe you) start a discussion or, more accurately, a monologue now? You may call it a discussion, but many people think it is not. The opposing view cited two concerns: 1. She is not capable of leading UAA
2. It will damage her image as a leader of worldwide Uyghur movement.

The first one does not have merit as Turdi and others pointed out. The second one does not have any merit either. To me it sounds like an attempt to confine her to a king's chair in an empty palace so that the generals could have their way in the fields. Unfortunately for them, she would rather be a foot soldier in the battle field than a king in an empty palace. In her own words, she wants to be where the action is. That is Rebiya Kadir. You've better get used to it.

Unregistered
12-05-06, 23:40
Wooooooooooooo, I am sooooooooo scared! Sorry, sorry, please do not stop the earth.

I hope you have enogh evidence to prove "one person posted dozens of messages within 2-3 hours." your "maybe, could be, should be" s don't count. Give me a solid proof to show that I caused trouble here. If not, you better watch out what you said. You know the cosequence, right? or you want me to tell you?

As for "she will do many things that you haven't", I simply REPEATED what you guys have been saying for days or weeks. What is wrong with that? If you don't have enough confidence on her, that is your problem. But I do.

Unregistered
13-05-06, 10:58
Don't be oversensitive. Who said you caused trouble here? Are we supposed to know who you are? You are the one zeroing in on yourself here. It surely appears 2-3 peope posted most of the 50+ messages on the topic. If they or you could speculate about Rabiye Hanim's future performance in spite of the countering evidence, why cannot we speculate about them/you? We do not know the consequence, why do not you tell us?

Unregistered
13-05-06, 15:47
I joined the discussion about Rabiye hanim, that is because what she does will affect the future of the Uyghur people. As a Uyghur, I have every right to express my concern, and I am responsible for what I said.

I didn’t say Turdi is like Communist China. I compared what he was SUGGESTING (shut down the discussion) with the communists. Do you see the difference?

Don’t always emphasize only 2-3 people are having discussion. It doesn’t matter if it is 2 or 200, what it matters is if they are discussing something that we need to take into consideration. If the discussion is useful, why don’t we contemplate a little bit? If it is pointless, why do we care so much? We could’ve just ignored it. I personally can not understand asking people to shut up because you don’t like the conversion.

I am getting tired of the way how we (Uyghurs) deal with different views. We never really try to understand how people look at issues and why they do not agree with us. If someone has doubt about what we believe is true, we get angry and “check out”. That is our “solution”.

If you wanna know the consequence of attacking someone because of his/her different views, go to google “Defamation Law and Free Speech”.

Gacha
13-05-06, 16:42
Heyranman!Echiniman!
"Diplomat","Siyasetchi","Inqilapchi","Dowlet Presdent","Dowlet Prime minister"lerning qandaq perqi bar?qandaq alaqisi bar?......

Hey dey
13-05-06, 16:58
Rasla Gacha ikensiz.
Erkin Alptikin:Siyasetchi,Diplomat,Weten perwerlik inqilapchi.
Rabiye Qadir:Inqilapchi.weten perwerlik siyasetchi.
Turdi ghoja:heqiqiy Uyghur Inqilapchi.uyghurche diplomatchi.

Heyranman!Echiniman!
"Diplomat","Siyasetchi","Inqilapchi","Dowlet Presdent","Dowlet Prime minister"lerning qandaq perqi bar?qandaq alaqisi bar?......

Unregistered
14-05-06, 10:05
I cannot see how you can be responsible if you cannot even use your name. A healthy discussion is carried out by real people with real names, not by gosts. If you honestly think you have a valid point, you should try to lay it out publicly using your real name. That will lead to a healthy discussion. What we are having here is not a healthy discussion. The fact that we are not using our names implies we do not want to be responsible what we said, don't you think?
The statement "one person posting dozens of messages" was a pure speculation, but now it feels like it has some substance from the way your taking it so personal.
No one was attacked here. We do not even know who you are, or do we? How can you accuse some one of attacking a gost? You made a fool of yourself with those threats. In order to matterialize those threats, first you have to come out from the shadows. I have a funny feeling you are not ready to do that.

I joined the discussion about Rabiye hanim, that is because what she does will affect the future of the Uyghur people. As a Uyghur, I have every right to express my concern, and I am responsible for what I said.

I didn’t say Turdi is like Communist China. I compared what he was SUGGESTING (shut down the discussion) with the communists. Do you see the difference?

Don’t always emphasize only 2-3 people are having discussion. It doesn’t matter if it is 2 or 200, what it matters is if they are discussing something that we need to take into consideration. If the discussion is useful, why don’t we contemplate a little bit? If it is pointless, why do we care so much? We could’ve just ignored it. I personally can not understand asking people to shut up because you don’t like the conversion.

I am getting tired of the way how we (Uyghurs) deal with different views. We never really try to understand how people look at issues and why they do not agree with us. If someone has doubt about what we believe is true, we get angry and “check out”. That is our “solution”.

If you wanna know the consequence of attacking someone because of his/her different views, go to google “Defamation Law and Free Speech”.

Unregistered
15-05-06, 08:44
just curious, why don't you use your name when you posting message?

I cannot see how you can be responsible if you cannot even use your name. A healthy discussion is carried out by real people with real names, not by gosts. If you honestly think you have a valid point, you should try to lay it out publicly using your real name. That will lead to a healthy discussion. What we are having here is not a healthy discussion. The fact that we are not using our names implies we do not want to be responsible what we said, don't you think?

Unregistered
15-05-06, 15:42
Let's make it straight.

First, There is no rule or requirement in the forum that someone has to use his or her real name in order to post something. Don't try so hard to pry into others' business. No good. :)

Second, I am not the only person who is anonymous. The majority of the people here do not publicize their real identity. According to your logic, they are all ghosts? How come you forgot to include yourself? Don't you ever think it is funny to blame other's for hiding their identity while you keep yourself secrect in the first place?

One more thing, what is your definition of "healthy discussion"? What position are you in to judge whose point is right and whose wrong? explain it to me. I don't have a PhD in mind reading. If you have a point, then make it. Don't just speculate.

The statement "one person posting dozens of messages" was a pure speculation, but now it feels like it has some substance from the way your taking it so personal.
No one was attacked here. We do not even know who you are, or do we? How can you accuse some one of attacking a gost? You made a fool of yourself with those threats. In order to matterialize those threats, first you have to come out from the shadows. I have a funny feeling you are not ready to do that.