PDA

View Full Version : Nuri Turkel ependige

Telep
26-04-06, 12:26
Salam Nuri ependi, sizning yardimingiz bilen Rabiye animiz Uyghurning awazini Amerika parlament ezalirigha anglitipla qalmay,belkiy putun dunyagha anglatti. Silerge koptin-kop rexmet! Bir telep: Mumkin bolsa Rabiye anining ornida oqughan bayanning tekstini (English) mushu yerge chaplap qoyghan bolsingiz boptiken, hemmimizge bekla lazim idi. Rexmet! Ishliringizgha utuq tileymen.

Unregistered
26-04-06, 12:38
Salam.
Engilizche we Uyghurche tekistini chaplap qoyghan bolsingiz.Rehmet.

28-04-06, 01:31
Testimony of Rebiya Kadeer
President
International Uyghur Human Rights and Democracy Foundation

At the Oversight Hearing entitled “Human Rights in China: Improving or Deteriorating Conditions?” U.S. House of Representatives Committee on International Relations’ Subcommittee on Africa, Global Human Rights and International Operations,

Wednesday, April 19, 2006
Room 2172 of the Rayburn House Office Building

Honorable Chairmen HENRY J. HYDE and Christopher H. Smith, ladies and gentlemen,
I would like to express my deepest gratitude for this opportunity to testify here today. I have testified and delivered statements to various Congressional bodies in the 13 months since my release from 6 years in a Chinese prison, and I am truly moved by the American government’s continuing concern for the suffering of the Uyghur people.
I am a Uyghur woman from the Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region, which we call East Turkestan. I became a direct victim of political and economic persecution by the Chinese government. I spent six years of my life in a Chinese prison, being subject to cruel punishments, tortures, starvation, and physical and mental humiliation. While going through hardships during the six years that I spent in prison, I witnessed the tragic fate of thousands of political prisoners, including Uyghur women, similar to my condition or even worse. I saw many people, including women, dying in front of my eyes in neighboring cells because of beating and starvation. I was in agony, not because of what I was going through, but because of my inability to help, or even to cry for those innocent people dying around me.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I am now able to speak and let the voice of my people be heard in front of the US Congress. This has been made possible because of the efforts of the US government, the US Congress, Amnesty International and thousands of human rights activists and supporters around the world. It is a great opportunity for me and the 15 million Uyghur people. However, there are still many people who are going through conditions similar to or even worse than the one that I went through during my prison life. Those innocent people are still suffering in Chinese prisons and are patiently waiting to be rescued, and for their voices to be heard in the world.

As someone who grew up and lived under Chinese rule, the fact I can sit here today and tell America’s leaders what is happening to my people, is the cause of deep amazement for me. All the people of East Turkestan want to gain their liberty and to live like the people of other free nations. They want to be members of the democratic world. But these aspirations are being ruthlessly suppressed by the Chinese government, and this condition is worsening. So, to fulfill their hopes, the Uyghur people need the help of free and democratic nations led by the US government and the US congress.

If I may, I would like to briefly describe my own family’s situation before I speak about the overall human rights situation in Xinjiang.

My family continues to be harassed by the Chinese police – in particular my son. I believe the Chinese authorities are punishing me by punishing him, trying to stop me from participating in activities such as this hearing here today.

Most worryingly, they have advised him to get a lawyer. This means the Chinese authorities are going to formally charge my son with a crime – probably based on false allegations of financial irregularities surrounding my business.

This is extremely bad news because Chinese courts have a conviction rate of over 99%! The less-than-1% chance that his case will be dismissed is not helped the fact that I, Rebiya Kadeer, am his mother.

These are the tactics used by the Chinese government. I have a long, long list of examples of my son, my friends and other members of my family being harassed by the Chinese authorities in the months since my release, punishing them for what I say here in America.

The tactics I use are to make the most of living in a free democracy – coming here to speak to you today and simply telling the truth about what is happening to my family and my people.

Honorable members, all of my previous statements and testimonies outlining the Chinese government’s efforts to undermine and denigrate the Uyghur’s ancient culture, to marginalize the Uyghurs in the own land, and to brutally suppress all forms of opposition or protest, are available on the record.

And so rather than repeat what has been stated before, if I may, today I would like to take this opportunity to present updated information, supporting previous statements on the state of Uyghurs’ human rights. Much of this information was presented yesterday at a briefing sponsored by the Human Rights Caucus, and so – my apologies to anyone who attended the hearing yesterday.

I am sorry to say – and I’m sure you will be sorry to hear – that the human rights situation facing Uyghurs has not improved since my last statements were made, and in many respects, the situation continues to deteriorate.

The first issue I wish to bring to your attention is the Chinese government’s family planning policies. In mid-February this year a senior official – the Mayor of Urumchi, capital of the XUAR – declared that East Turkistan’s rural areas would be the “focus” of future “family planning work”.

Generally speaking, East Turkistan’s rural population is almost exclusively Uyghur, while the urban population is predominantly Chinese. This tightening of the family planning regulations will therefore fall overwhelmingly on the Uyghur people.
The official justification for this is that reducing the number of births in rural areas – by whatever means – will reduce poverty, and will also reduce the need for more resources to be spent on education, health and the like.

I testified to the Congressional-Executive Commission on China solely on the topic of family planning regulations in East Turkistan, and my statement remains on the record so today I will spare you from hearing the horrific accounts of forced, late-term abortions; of forced sterilizations; and the extreme physical and psychological traumas inflicted on women as a result of these procedures.

Early last week, the Chinese government announced that East Turkistan’s population had exceeded 20 million people, having grown 9% over the past five years – which is one of the highest rates in the whole of the PRC. However, this rapid growth in population is not because of the high number of births, but because of the high number of people encouraged to move to East Turkistan from China.

So, the Uyghurs are to be the “focus” of tightening family planning policies; but at the same time, the overall population is rising fast because the government is encouraging so many Chinese migrants to settle in East Turkistan. If you are a Uyghur, you see your unborn children being killed so the government can “shake off poverty”, and then watch as impoverished Chinese migrants are encouraged to move to your home to make better lives for themselves. If you are a Uyghur, and you hear that East Turkistan’s population is rising, you know: “that’s more marginalization for the Uyghurs; that’s less opportunity – social and economic – for the Uyghurs.

Don’t forget that we cannot protest against this kind of injustice. If Uyghurs protest against Chinese government policies, especially one as sensitive as family planning regulations, they would be inviting serious trouble.

I want to make clear that Uyghurs have nothing against the Chinese settlers personally: they are only trying to make a living, and they’re often happy to leave difficult lives behind in their home regions to try to make a new life for themselves in East Turkistan. They are not told of the effects on Uyghurs of their moving to East Turkistan – and few Uyghurs would dare to explain – and so they cannot be blamed for Uyghurs’ problems.
A growing concern related to the number of people moving into East Turkistan – but not an obvious human rights concern – is whether the environment will be able to sustain these growing numbers of people. Water is becoming increasingly scarce, and rapid desertification – a result of Chinese industry, agriculture and urbanization exhausting the land and water – is making parts of East Turkistan uninhabitable.

Another serious issue, which has become prominent since I last testified in December, is that of Uyghurs being sent back to China from second countries – even people who have been granted refugee status by UNHCR – where they then face torture and even execution.

In one case, we have learned that a man, Ismail Semet, who was sent back to China from Pakistan in 2003, was sentenced to death in October last year. He was in Pakistan having fled Xinjiang, and was deported to face accusations of planning terrorist attacks against Chinese targets there.

The only evidence against him is the testimony of other people, Uyghurs, who in all probability were tortured into giving those testimonies – two of the people whose testimonies were used to sentence Mr Semet to death, were themselves executed in 1999.
Ismail Semet may already have been executed, if his appeal has been heard. We do not know this for certain but we will certainly pass on further information when we know it.
The other case is that of Huseyin Celil, a Uyghur who has been held in incommunicado detention in Tashkent, Uzbekistan since March 26, and who could be sent back to China at any moment. Mr Celil will almost certainly be executed if he is sent back, having been sentenced to death in absentia on charges relating to establishing a Uyghur political party in East Turkistan.

Mr Celil is now a Canadian citizen, and we understand that the Canadian government is working hard to secure his release in Tashkent, and his return to Canada.

Both of these cases – Mr Semet and Mr Celil – illustrate the enormous power China has over neighboring countries in the region. Despite having inadequate evidence against these men – and many others in the past – neighboring states hand these men over to the Chinese government, knowing that they are likely to be tortured and even executed.
Other countries known to have sent Uyghur refugees back to the Chinese authorities where they face torture and even execution, including Uzbekistan and Pakistan, are Nepal, Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan.

Since 9/11, the Chinese government has framed all Uyghur opposition to Chinese policies and practice as a “terrorist threat”; that is, the Chinese government is taking the US-led “war on terror” to further its own national and political agendas.

Honorable members of the Caucus, believe that China’s undue influence over its neighbors in ensuring the extradition of political opponents, is an area where the United States could do a great deal to help. I believe that if the US Congress could pass a Uyghur Policy Act – or something like this – which would allow for the appointment of a Special Coordinator for Uyghur Issues, there could be a significant improvement in the human rights situation faced by the Uyghur people.

I wish to conclude by saying once again thank you for this important opportunity to place these concerns and suggestions before the government of the United States of America – it is for me a great opportunity indeed on the day before the Chinese President arrives in Washington, DC.

Telep
28-04-06, 04:08
Sizge koptin-kop rehmet Nuri! Allah ishliringizni ong qilghay,amin!

yulgun
28-04-06, 06:08
sizge kandak rehmet eytsak azlik kilidu nuri ependim... siz Uygur Millitining parlighan yultizisiz canabi allah sizni yaman kozdin saklisun!!! amin
sizge xu bir misra soz bilen rehmet eytimen...

karangguluk aydingliktin, yalghan toghridin kaçidu.
kuyax yalghuz bolsimu etrapigha nur qaqidu.
meyuslenmeng, hekkaniyetqining kediri yalghuzluktur.
karghilar top-top uqudu, burkutler yalghuz........,,,