PDA

View Full Version : What it's like to introduce your native music in Europe as a refugee

Unregistered
02-03-13, 12:57
What it's like to introduce your native music in Europe as a refugee

He says, ‘Music does not need an interpreter between people who speak different languages. I found that Uyghur music is unique and it can easily attract people of the UK even though they have never heard about Uyghur people. I am Uyghur British. Uyghur is what I am, and I am proud of that, and of course, Uyghur music is a very important part of Uyghurness. Whenever I listen to Uyghur ‘muqam’, I feel myself closer to my people though I am living thousands of miles away from my country. I love Uyghur music, and so I chose to introduce my people to the UK with our melancholy music'.

Aziz finds it difficult to separate his love for music and his concern for the problems of his homeland. He wants the world to listen to the melancholic Uyghur music and pay attention to the suffering of Uyghur people. He says, ‘since 1949, East Turkistan was occupied by China and Uyghur people have become politically part of China. There have been serious human rights violations going on for several decades. Uyghurs are being left out of China’s economic growth'.

http://preacquaint.com/story/introduce-your-native-music-in-europe-as-a-refugee

Unregistered
04-03-13, 05:35
Dear Mr Aziz, congratulations! I read your story and it's very touching!

Music does not need an interpreter between people who speak different languages" ....

We all can see now the fruits of your inspired hard work that you have dedicated to our people.

Wish you more success in the future!

x x x D