PDA

View Full Version : Mrs. Rebiya Kadeer to testify in Congresstional Hearing

Mod2
17-04-06, 12:13
With an invitation from Honorable Congressman HENRY J. HYDE, Chairman of the Congressional Committee on International Relations, Ms. Rebiya Kadeer will be testifying at an oversight hearing entitled, “Human Rights in China: Improving or Deteriorating Conditions?,” to be held by the Committee on International Relations’ Subcommittee on Africa, Global Human Rights and International Operations on Wednesday, April 19, 2006, at 10:30 a.m., in Room 2172 of the Rayburn House Office Building.

The purpose of the hearing will be to examine the respect for human rights in the People’s Republic of China. Specifically, the hearing will focus on continuing issues of concern, such as labor rights in China, the ability of religious groups to practice their faith, reports of organ harvesting and the use of torture in the Laogai, censorship of the Internet, and China’s coercive one-child policy.

Turdi Ghoja
20-04-06, 22:50
I saw her on C-SPAN last night. Unfortunately, I tuned in a little late, I missed her testimony. Harry Wu was testifying when I tuned in, and Rebiya Kadir and her assistant were sitting right behind him. It is exciting to see Uyghur faces on TV. Well done.

Turdi

Unregistered
21-04-06, 09:51
I saw her on C-SPAN last night. Unfortunately, I tuned in a little late, I missed her testimony. Harry Wu was testifying when I tuned in, and Rebiya Kadir and her assistant were sitting right behind him. It is exciting to see Uyghur faces on TV. Well done.

Turdi

Yes. I saw the testimony on C-SPAN early yesterday morning. She spoke briefly in Uyghur then Nury Turkel read her statment on her behalf. First time to see an Uyghur testimony. Great Job UAA.

-Bir Uyghur

uaa_admin
21-04-06, 10:43
You can watch the whole testimony on the Web if you missed to watch it on TV from URL below:<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

rtsp://video.c-span.org/15days/e041906_china.rm

Unregistered
21-04-06, 17:47
Not working, could you please post the address again?

You can watch the whole testimony on the Web if you missed to watch it on TV from URL below:<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

rtsp://video.c-span.org/15days/e041906_china.rm