PDA

View Full Version : Dalai Lama Wants to Make First China Visit

Turdi
10-03-06, 19:43
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060310/ap_on_re_as/dalai_lama

Unregistered
10-03-06, 22:22
I don't get it. What is he afraid of? Why doesn't he say I want an independent Tibet? The whole world knows how the Chinese gov. treats Tibetans. He could have received international support for Tiben cause.

Unregistered
10-03-06, 22:47
Dear Turdi, congratulations! What a great improvement. Now, there is no doubt that his Hollinese will be followed by your Uighur leaders Erkin Aliptekin or Rabiya Kadeer, or both of them since you guys also want authonomy from the People's Republic of China.

Unregistered
10-03-06, 23:13
You should be ignorant.
East Timur once upon a time supposed to ask Autonomy, lived short period of autonomy and now is Independent State.
Palestine used to be and still is Autonomy under the direct control of Israil and now talking about two state solution independently side by side with Israil.
Kosovo now in Autonomous states under the Serbian jurisdiction, but Yesterday British Foreign Secretary said that independence for Kosoco is unevitable (The UK has meanwhile said independence for Kosovo - currently governed by the UN, though formally still part of Serbia - is "almost inevitable").
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4794258.stm

Chechnia has declared Independence and no one recognized it, and now living under Russian Federation.

Dalai Lama is asking Autonomy, but no soon he will know exactly what the outcome will be and where he heads to through his claim, so China does not trust him giving the Autonomy he wants.
there are so many examples for this trend which Dalai Lama knows much better than you guys. he is playing smart and accepting the real politics expelling his emotion from the table.

ever one is foolish, but Enver Yusup Turani?

is that right!
come on give me break.

Unregistered
11-03-06, 00:58
Dear Turdi Ghuji,

Come down! I did not understand why your are so upset if somebody nicely express his point of view. You have to learn how to respect other people's openion even you think their (Chechnia or Enwer Yusuf Turani?) declaration of independence is foolishness. Rejection or disapproval of your independence by Russia or China or somebody like you does not matter as long as others feel they deserve independence, not autonomy.

China has already given you authonomy, and it is not going to give you more than that. Do not fool yoursel! Another thing, you were the first or the only one who publicly attacked Enwer Yusuf Turani accusing him going back to East Turkistan by getting permission or visa from China. Now, tell me! How Dalai Lama will enter Tibet without getting a Chinese visa?

Unregistered
11-03-06, 02:31
Wait a minute, who said autonomy leads to independence? East Timur is an independent country not because it experienced Autonomy first, but because East Timorese fought for their independence, and evenually gained political power of their nation. Same logic applies to Palestinian case. As for Chechenia, it is not recognized as a nation because Chechenians have not aquired political, economic and social power to run their country. Indepedence comes when a people has a desire for freedom and fights for it. It has nothing, or less to do with what they experienced in the past.
Don't tell me Dalai Lama is playing political game. He is not that sophisticated yet, at least, not now.

You should be ignorant.
East Timur once upon a time supposed to ask Autonomy, lived short period of autonomy and now is Independent State.
Palestine used to be and still is Autonomy under the direct control of Israil and now talking about two state solution independently side by side with Israil.
Kosovo now in Autonomous states under the Serbian jurisdiction, but Yesterday British Foreign Secretary said that independence for Kosoco is unevitable (The UK has meanwhile said independence for Kosovo - currently governed by the UN, though formally still part of Serbia - is "almost inevitable").
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4794258.stm

Chechnia has declared Independence and no one recognized it, and now living under Russian Federation.

Dalai Lama is asking Autonomy, but no soon he will know exactly what the outcome will be and where he heads to through his claim, so China does not trust him giving the Autonomy he wants.
there are so many examples for this trend which Dalai Lama knows much better than you guys. he is playing smart and accepting the real politics expelling his emotion from the table.

ever one is foolish, but Enver Yusup Turani?

is that right!
come on give me break.

Unregistered
11-03-06, 10:13
That means you are sophisticated then. Dalai Lama is one of the smartest people on earth whose opinion counts so much that his lectures draw tens of thousands of people every time no matter where it takes place. He talks to powerful people such as presidents of world powers, congressmen/women, businessmen, and celebrities who decide the fate of politics and world. If he has decided to take this course, he must have his reasons. While we do not understand his reasoning process, we can speculate that his powerful friends may have convinced him that it is best thing to do.

He has been saying this for years. If it were as simple as it seems, we would have seen him being invited by the Chinese with open arms. The truth of the matter is he is still a "separatist," a far more dangerous one than you, me, and all the other smart friends here whose wisdom is enlightening this phorum and those dim hallways of the Chinese restaurants or Pizza Huts.

The Tibetans are not asking for what they have in Tibet now, they are asking for true autonomy. But, the Tibet model not necessarily is the right one for Uyghurs. Even if it is, the Chinese is not going to give it to you free. The Tibetans have been fighting for it and the Chinese has been refusing it for years while we have been fighting with each other over who gets the title of “president,” “bash bakhan”and “minister” in child’s plays.

Wait a minute, who said autonomy leads to independence? East Timur is an independent country not because it experienced Autonomy first, but because East Timorese fought for their independence, and evenually gained political power of their nation. Same logic applies to Palestinian case. As for Chechenia, it is not recognized as a nation because Chechenians have not aquired political, economic and social power to run their country. Indepedence comes when a people has a desire for freedom and fights for it. It has nothing, or less to do with what they experienced in the past.
Don't tell me Dalai Lama is playing political game. He is not that sophisticated yet, at least, not now.

Turdi Ghoja
11-03-06, 15:01
It is ammusing to see that so many people are self-entertaining here. Do not pretend you did not know that it was not me. Nice try, but your technique does not work. This is all you are going to get from me on this topic. I posted the article just as a news item, not to elicit a discussion here. I would pick a better place and occasion to discuss such as big topic.

Do not bother to mention Turani's name to me any more, especially in the same context with Dalai Lama. Turani is nothing more than a clown who will do anything to be in a circus. He is only good for entertaining a bored crowd.

Dear Turdi Ghuji,

Come down! I did not understand why your are so upset if somebody nicely express his point of view. You have to learn how to respect other people's openion even you think their (Chechnia or Enwer Yusuf Turani?) declaration of independence is foolishness. Rejection or disapproval of your independence by Russia or China or somebody like you does not matter as long as others feel they deserve independence, not autonomy.

China has already given you authonomy, and it is not going to give you more than that. Do not fool yoursel! Another thing, you were the first or the only one who publicly attacked Enwer Yusuf Turani accusing him going back to East Turkistan by getting permission or visa from China. Now, tell me! How Dalai Lama will enter Tibet without getting a Chinese visa?

Unregistered
11-03-06, 15:10
Well, I have no doubt about his holiness, wisdom and knowledge in terms of religion. But when it comes to politics, it is really hard to admire him. In politics, as a leader, every word you say, every action you take, represents the will and interest of your people and country. You are not just behaving yourself. Leadership is NOT making friends and influecing other people. When you take leadership position, you are taking a huge responsibility and making commitment that you will lead you people where they want to go.

He didn't have to say to "I don't seek indepedence" . It is a direct blow and huge discouragement for the Tibetan people and activists who have been fighting for this cause for more 50 years. There are a lot of diplomatic ways of expressing his willingness to compromise. But don't forget, "An army of sheep led by a lion would defeat an army of lions led by a sheep." (Arab Proverb)

As for Uyghur cause, I don't know what to say. There are a lot of problems. Disunity among us is the biggest barrier. We also lack social and human capital.