PDA

View Full Version : Internet in Kashgar

MaryK
13-04-11, 16:50
I'm writing a book about the internet in China and wanted to get a sense of how controlled the internet is in Kashgar now. I know Twitter and Facebook are blocked, and I expect activist sites like this one are blocked too. What about foreign news sources, like the New York Times, Wikipedia in English or The Washington Post?

Thanks!

Unregistered
13-04-11, 19:20
http://www.blogger.com/profile/01858473259222718754

I accidently bumped into this blog while I was surfing the internet. Apparantly she is a Canadian girl living in a city in Uyghuristan. May be you can get in touch with her.

Unregistered
14-04-11, 04:44
I'm writing a book about the internet in China and wanted to get a sense of how controlled the internet is in Kashgar now. I know Twitter and Facebook are blocked, and I expect activist sites like this one are blocked too. What about foreign news sources, like the New York Times, Wikipedia in English or The Washington Post?

Thanks!

Internet in Kashgar is controller much more tighter than in other part of China. All the activist site like this and even some cultural sites operated by activist and students overseas also blocked. I believe the New York Times, Wikipedia in English or The Washington Post are blocked in China, of course in East Turkistan.
thanks