PDA

View Full Version : WiKiLeak revelation about Guantanamo Uyghurs

Unregistered
29-11-10, 22:20
Recent Wikileak revelation said US government promised millions of dollars to a tiny island nation named Kiribati for the settlement of Uyghurs there. Geography is my favorite subject. I thought I knew every country on the planet. But, obvously, I was wrong. I've never heard of Kiribati before. It is comprised of a group of small islands in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. If you think Palav is a bad choice for those poor Uyghur guys, you surely do not know anything about Kiribati. According to Wikipedia, not only is it one of the most remote places but it is also one of the poorest and most overcrowded places on earth. Sending them there would be like Russia sending its criminals to Siberia. Since they still remain in Guantanamo, I presume they've refused to go there. Smart choice. Guantanamo probably is a better prison than the Kiribati.

By the way, does any body know if any thing new is going on with the guys in Palav?

Unregistered
29-11-10, 23:59
By the way, does any body know if any thing new is going on with the guys in Palav?

Unregistered
30-11-10, 01:28
Recent Wikileak revelation said US government promised millions of dollars to a tiny island nation named Kiribati for the settlement of Uyghurs there. Geography is my favorite subject. I thought I knew every country on the planet. But, obvously, I was wrong. I've never heard of Kiribati before. It is comprised of a group of small islands in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. If you think Palav is a bad choice for those poor Uyghur guys, you surely do not know anything about Kiribati. According to Wikipedia, not only is it one of the most remote places but it is also one of the poorest and most overcrowded places on earth. Sending them there would be like Russia sending its criminals to Siberia. Since they still remain in Guantanamo, I presume they've refused to go there. Smart choice. Guantanamo probably is a better prison than the Kiribati.

Yes, the Island called Kiribati is not only one of the poorest places on the earth but also it is considered to be one of the most dangerous places on the earth. It will face a possible danger of sinking into the sea according to many scientists.

The Uighurs in Palau were promised that Palau would be a temporary settlement for them. They are not able to obtain Palaun citizenship according to the Palaun law. The US promised them it would find a permanent settlement for them. Therefore, they are waiting for a new country to take them. As they told SBS Australia, they want to come to Australia. And one of them married to a Uighur woman (in Palau) who is an Australian citizen.

As being the largest Uighur community among the Western democratic countries, we would appreciate it if the guys could come here. We are working on it. However the Chinese pressure is affecting our government's decision, as a result, Australia refused to accept these helpless refugees three times.

Any way, we are still hopeful and continuing our work to bring the Uighurs in Australia.

Unregistered
30-11-10, 23:26
Thanks. Keep up the good work, they need our help badly.

Yes, the Island called Kiribati is not only one of the poorest places on the earth but also it is considered to be one of the most dangerous places on the earth. It will face a possible danger of sinking into the sea according to many scientists.

The Uighurs in Palau were promised that Palau would be a temporary settlement for them. They are not able to obtain Palaun citizenship according to the Palaun law. The US promised them it would find a permanent settlement for them. Therefore, they are waiting for a new country to take them. As they told SBS Australia, they want to come to Australia. And one of them married to a Uighur woman (in Palau) who is an Australian citizen.

As being the largest Uighur community among the Western democratic countries, we would appreciate it if the guys could come here. We are working on it. However the Chinese pressure is affecting our government's decision, as a result, Australia refused to accept these helpless refugees three times.

Any way, we are still hopeful and continuing our work to bring the Uighurs in Australia.