PDA

View Full Version : Academic component in current Uighur Lanuage

Uighur
26-01-06, 12:35
Everyone may remember, during 1970s and 1980s there is lots of Uighur language publication including academic textbooks, academic dictionaries in fields such as mathematics, physics, medicine, electronics, chemistry, biology and history. most of them are directly translated from Russian language or directly written by soviet educated Uighur scholars. at that time, Xinjiang university is one of the best universities in china, Uighur graduates from xinjiang university have the best quality.

Nowadays, Uighur language is losing academic strength. our language is increasingly becoming an oral only language. all we can see in Uighur publications is poetry and novel.

as long as i can remember, no academic text books are published in Uighur language within the last 10 years, let alone academic journals.

power of a language is measured not only by it's literature (poems and novels) but also by it's use in the academic field.

what happened to our language? what happened to our Uighur scholars?
yes, china is putting increasingly more pressure to the survival of our language. but, is that the only reason?

most Uighur scholars learns academic knowledge either in Chinese or other languages not including the Uighur language. has anyone ever dreamed about reading modern academic journals or textbooks in our mother language?

is it that our scholars are so selfish that they don't want to translate academic articles and books into Uighur language and share with other Uighurs?

I also work in academic field and i am deeply concerned about this problem. we all have at least some responsibility if Uighur language finally disappears from the academic world.

i think we all should have the duty to promote the academic use of Uighur language by writing or translating books in academic field and constantly introducing new academic concepts and new academic words into our language.

these are only what i think. but i really want to know what other Uighur scholars think about this matter.

your opinion would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Uighur
28-01-06, 15:34
Ajaba, hiqkim mening pikirimga koxulmamdu?

Unregistered
28-01-06, 19:05
I think, you are absolutely right, but it is a hot topic, which everyone is aware of, and scare of toutching, I believe. You said, we need to publish or write Uygur text books, but you forgot to mention who is going to invest it, who has such power of doing so. We, uygurs, are still fanning around to find what we really need to do in this world. Look at these Uygurs in Germany, look at our leader,such Arkin Laip tikien, who is a leader, has contributed $10,000 dollars for an event in America, where he could show people he has money to put for. Infact, he had no heart of saving a Young Child, who was seeking a little bit of freedom in Germany, and he, eventually, committed suiside. Where these leaders, such leaders, who have been living in Germany for over 20 years, could save Burhan Zunun's life, and his future. But they chose not to do so. What would you expect from us now? Give me a Break! We need to survive first. We want to live whare ever we can. We want to survive!!!!

Uighur
29-01-06, 16:33
I think, you are absolutely right, but it is a hot topic, which everyone is aware of, and scare of toutching, I believe. You said, we need to publish or write Uygur text books, but you forgot to mention who is going to invest it, who has such power of doing so. We, uygurs, are still fanning around to find what we really need to do in this world. Look at these Uygurs in Germany, look at our leader,such Arkin Laip tikien, who is a leader, has contributed $10,000 dollars for an event in America, where he could show people he has money to put for. Infact, he had no heart of saving a Young Child, who was seeking a little bit of freedom in Germany, and he, eventually, committed suiside. Where these leaders, such leaders, who have been living in Germany for over 20 years, could save Burhan Zunun's life, and his future. But they chose not to do so. What would you expect from us now? Give me a Break! We need to survive first. We want to live whare ever we can. We want to survive!!!!

Thanks for your reply.

I didn't realize the plight of uighurs abroad is so distressing. i have been meeting uighur students, business people and refugees as well, since i came to Europe several years ago. most of them are struggling to survive as you mentioned before. most of our elite students are not actually studying but working. and they are not working for the big money, but for the everyday living. most of them used to be excellent students at high school and colleges back at home. but now they are nothing but cheap labor for western countries.

I am not trying to demonize our brothers and sisters. I know they are working hard, most of them have long term personal goals in their mind and know what they are doing. I am still proud of them.

keep trying my brothers and sisters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know life is getting harder for us. don't ever be distressed, try even harder instead. we have to be more diligent and stronger in order to survive in our stateless situation. thanks.

uighurs back at home love you. and remember they have high expectation on you.

Unregistered
29-01-06, 17:14
I think, you misunderstood me. Here I was trying to tell people is not that we are poor or hard worker, either smart. All I was trying to tell you that we are ignorent. Whare the hell you are from? Do not f ing forget that you are absolutely f ing one of them, or one of us. Stop bugging here! GO back to sleep.

UYGHUR
29-01-06, 17:15
Dear Friends in the World.

the date 28.01to the date 29.01.2006 have been a meeting in Turkey/İstanbul
in the Conrad Hotel .Ainternational KadinWomen congress the meetıng subject is Women in the Alliance Between Civilizations.
And we are go for this meetıng in the name for the Uyghur womens to this meeting but the Turkisch some police official members have to stop or uyghurs in this congress to enter this meeting and we have ask to the members from the congress the this meeting have organize and this members from this congress have told that this meeting is a open meeting the any person/pepoles can come to this meeting/congress to see/to understand this meeting .but the some Turkisch police members ha to stop or uyghurs the have will be go to this hall to contact the some differentys europan paralmets members to ask the uyghurs problems and to ask that we have so a women the name is rabia kadder now she stay in america and the europan governments in norway have gıve the rafto gıve in the year 2004 the RAFTO PRİZE FOR HUMAN RİGHTS was awarded to the lady rebiya kadeer from XingjangUYGHUR AUTONOMOUS REGİON <ESATERN TURKİSTAN><XUAR> İN THE PEOPLE,S REPUBLİC OF CHİNA . BUT THE TURKİSCH POLİCE MEMBERS HAVE AGAİN STOP OR UYGHURS TO THİS MEETING .OR MATTER İS ONLY TO ASK THİS MEMBERS AND THE GUEST FROM THE DİFFERENTS EUROPAN COUNTRY TO NOT FORGET OR LADY REBİYA KADEER TO GIVE A İNFORMATİON TO THİS SOME FOREİGN GUESTS . HAVE WE NOT A HUMAN RİGHTS WHY THE SOME POLİCE MEMBERS HAVE STOP OR VİSİT TO THİS MEETING WHY PLEASE İNFORM THİS MESSAGES TO THE DİFFERENTS WORLD TABLE THANKS.

WİTH THE BEST REGARDS

A PEOPLE

I am not trying to demonize our problem but please brother and sisters. I know they are working hard,

Unregistered
29-01-06, 18:05
Muhterem eziz, pikirliringiz bir qarashqa bek jayida tuyulidiken. emma, Uyghur tilida ilmiy kitap, ilmiy jzornal neshir qilish aldi bilen pulgha taqishidu, Hitaylar buni kundin - kun'ge siqiwelip barghachqa bundaq mumkinchilik kunseri aziyiwatidu; ikkinchisi neshriyatchiliq yene heridargha tayinidu. Ilmiy neshir buyumlirining heridari qanchilik? Siz degen edebiy buyumlarmu towen cheklimisi uch ming tirajzda besilidu we yillarche kitaphanilarda turidu. Buning ziyinigha chidap dawam qilmaq bek kop gheyret telep qilidu. Uchinchidin Uyghurlarning yene shu artuqchiliqimu barki, qaysi tilda oqup yetishken ilmiy hadim bolsa, shu tilda ilmiy emgek qiliduki, bir nusqa ana tilimdimu qilay, paydini awu tildikisidin alsammu, ana burchi ornida, ana tilimdikisini bikargha bolsimu qilay degen roh yoq; yene bir teripimu bar, ular ilmiy atalghularning Uyghurchisini bilmigechke japa tartip bundaq bir emgekni qilip olturushqa erinidu. Shuning bilen qaraysizki, bu yetishken erbaplarning gepining birmunche qismi ashu ozi oqughan tilda bolidu( Hitayda oqughan bolsa tengi Hitayche, Yaponche oqughan bolsa, Yaponche arilash jawende til ishlitidighanliqini korisiz. Buning uchun shehsiyetsiz bir roh, zerikmes bir roh kerek, bughu yoq, ana tilini kemsunduridighan peskesh geplerni qilmisila bolatti.

Everyone may remember, during 1970s and 1980s there is lots of Uighur language publication including academic textbooks, academic dictionaries in fields such as mathematics, physics, medicine, electronics, chemistry, biology and history. most of them are directly translated from Russian language or directly written by soviet educated Uighur scholars. at that time, Xinjiang university is one of the best universities in china, Uighur graduates from xinjiang university have the best quality.

Nowadays, Uighur language is losing academic strength. our language is increasingly becoming an oral only language. all we can see in Uighur publications is poetry and novel.

as long as i can remember, no academic text books are published in Uighur language within the last 10 years, let alone academic journals.

power of a language is measured not only by it's literature (poems and novels) but also by it's use in the academic field.

what happened to our language? what happened to our Uighur scholars?
yes, china is putting increasingly more pressure to the survival of our language. but, is that the only reason?

most Uighur scholars learns academic knowledge either in Chinese or other languages not including the Uighur language. has anyone ever dreamed about reading modern academic journals or textbooks in our mother language?

is it that our scholars are so selfish that they don't want to translate academic articles and books into Uighur language and share with other Uighurs?

I also work in academic field and i am deeply concerned about this problem. we all have at least some responsibility if Uighur language finally disappears from the academic world.

i think we all should have the duty to promote the academic use of Uighur language by writing or translating books in academic field and constantly introducing new academic concepts and new academic words into our language.

these are only what i think. but i really want to know what other Uighur scholars think about this matter.

your opinion would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Uighur
29-01-06, 18:11
I think, you misunderstood me. Here I was trying to tell people is not that we are poor or hard worker, either smart. All I was trying to tell you that we are ignorent. Whare the hell you are from? Do not f ing forget that you are absolutely f ing one of them, or one of us. Stop bugging here! GO back to sleep.

i am talking about the different aspects of the same screwed up uighurs.YES, i am one of them. this is the REALITY, THE TRUTH that we have to face and live with. it doesn't matter how you are angry, pissed off or how many F words you use.

it will not change how much you are depressed or even if you kill yourself.

we did not try hard enough and we should be keep working hard and be optimistic rather than depressed.