PDA

View Full Version : There is no god except GOD, Mohammad is his prophet

Islam
21-01-06, 08:49
Salam Eleykom,

Well, as an human being, I respect her choice too. But everyone of Muslim Uyghur blood should realize that there are many Christian missionaries in our region now. They have been trying very hard to trap Uyghur kids to their corrupted religion of so-called "Christianity". Indeed, they do not really converting Muslims because they want to bring Jesus (peace be upon him) to our life. But their real evil purpose is to eliminate God’s true religion, ISLAM from us, to stop its spreading and split the Muslim nations apart. Due to many Uyghurs are lack of the knowledge in ISLAM and Christology, moreover, it is prosecuted to preach ISLAM, the missionaries are somehow successful in ET. I heard there are around 8000-10000 Christian Uyghurs in Urumchi and Hoten along. If their, Uyghur Christian’s religion is different, it means their way of life and way of thinking is different from other Muslim Uyghurs. The Western world is eager to see this disunity from us, Uyghurs or other Muslim nations.

In short, how many of us have a good understanding of Islam and Christianity? If a preacher approaches to us now and start talking, can we nock him down with the fact of that Christianity is tainted or corrupted and Islam is the one and only religion that acceptable by the Almighty Creator.

Islam is spreading very fast in the world now. While there are millions of Americans and Europeans are reverting to Islam, it is shame that some unlucky Uyghurs have been stolen and brainwashed by those missionaries. Obviously, it is our responsibility in front of our great Muslim forefathers and more importantly, In front of the almighty Allah to know the truth and bring those Christian Uyghurs from darkness to the light of truth. I don not like to get into details, but I beg you all, the Uyghurloving Uyghurs to visit these website(it is enough to respond a Christian chief priest) :

www.answering-christianity.com

www.thetruereligion.org

Moses, Jesus, Mohammad, three prophets, one massage, ISLAM.
May Allah reward you.

oguzhan
22-01-06, 09:12
Turks in Central Asia have used close to 24 different scripts,
and professed almost all known faiths and religions
(there is even Turkish Jewish Kingdom ,
or spreading Buddhism in Central and Eastern Asia,
and accepting Manichesim due to control of economic flow along the Silk Road,
Christianity is already stale knowledge in this neighbourhood)

considering traditional ! Uygur interest in commercial matters
and lucrative fund raising opportunities in USA as exercised by Christians
through the mass media.....

since some uygurs are already maturing in global stock related gains
time must be ripe to create new victims back home....

any religion professing high human values by global standards
and IN THE RIGHT HANDS is worthy of respect,

but there is a great misunderstanding and misinterpretation of Islam
among the Turks and Uygurs
it is understandable that some of us may look for answers elsewhere

let us blame our ownselves
for loosing our people to different shepherds...

By the way the story of Almira
is fiction to create more confusion
among the Uygurs
who have yet
not learned to respect and love one other
and the world in general....

And there is no enemy !
other than the ones who think
there are.......

cordially,
and sorry for the abundant disappointment

Oguzhan

Unregistered
22-01-06, 18:48
And there is no enemy !
other than the ones who think
there are.......

If there is no enemy, why Uyghur people have been oppressed under Chinese rule for almost 150 years? Why so many Uyghurs have lost their lives in the hands of Chinese? Why we can not go back home to see parents and friends whenever we want? Why always feel so frustrated when we talk about what is happening in our homeland? Of course that is not only the land and people we have lost. It is much more, it is dignity as a people. Everytime I think of all this, I feel extremely angry. I am angry because my people have no rights in their own land. I am angry because the enemy can so scrupulously persecute the people and nobody can stand up and say"stop it, that is right", and I am angry because I have to explain the history everytime people ask me a simple qustion of "which country are you from?". I am not sure about you, but I have enemy. Having enemy is not a bad thing, it can give you the strength and motivation to move forward. All you need to do is turn your anger, sorrow and frustration to something powerful that can help your people. Downplaying or neglecting the enemy is nothing but fooling yourself, and extending your pain and suffering forever.

Chuck Martel
05-03-06, 10:46
I still don't see the problem w/ Uyghurs being Christians. Uyghurs were Christians from about the 7th century until about the 15th century. Christian Uyghurs met Marco Polo in China. Why can't Uyghurs return to their Christian roots?

Uyghur
05-03-06, 11:54
The answer to your question: for the same reasons why today's Christians go back to their pre-Christian believes. To me both religions = mythological + Jewish history. If you lived in a society where (majority are ignorant) you know how half truths and total myths are created and spread faster than the non-stop racing horses (if that is the fastest transportations), it would not be hard to imagine how those thing came together. It is perfect combination of the mass ignorance of the time and the best minds of mankind. But, all that does not matter today. We need it and have to live with it, because it is part of who we are. Islam, whatever version we practice, is part of who Uyghurs are. Your message is based on the assumption that Christianity is better than Islam. In reality it is not. If they have to be compared, they are just different. That is all there to it. If Christianity were fundamentally better than Islam, our ancestors wouldn’t have given up something good over bad. Nobody imposed the switch on them, and I hate to think that they were stupid for not knowing the superiority of Christianity.

Religion today is part of the cultural side of humanity. We have to learn to accept each other’s differences. We have a lot of grievance against China because they do not respect our differences.

Why can't Uyghurs return to their Christian roots?

uyghur
05-03-06, 11:57
Correction: for the same reasons why today's Christians do not go back to their pre-Christian believes. To me both religions (Islam and Christianity) = mythological + Jewish history. [/QUOTE]

The answer to your question: for the same reasons why today's Christians go back to their pre-Christian believes. To me both religions = mythological + Jewish history.

Same reasons why

Chuck Martel
05-03-06, 14:56
Your message is based on the assumption that Christianity is better than Islam.

Actually my question is a counter to the assumption that one can only be a "real" Uyghur if one adheres to the teachings of Mohammad. Historically, that assumption by Islamists is not true. For centuries, real live Uyghurs practiced the Nestorian form of Christianity.

If they were "real" Uyghurs then, why can't their Christian descendants be considered "real" Uyghurs now?

our ancestors wouldn’t have given up something good over bad

That's an assumption that goes counter to what this website says. This site says the Uyghur people have generally forgotten or are in the process of forgetting the ancestral ways of the Uyghurs and no longer remember who they are as a people.

Is Islam being used as form of an identity card? If you are a Uyghur but do not adhere to Islam, you are no longer a Uyghur?

Uyghur kiz
05-03-06, 15:35
Hi Sir,

To be honest, what you are trying to do here reminds me the missionaries who knock my door every weekend to "spread to the truth" from God. Sometimes I feel they are very annoying. Sorry if this offends you. You know why we have so many conflicts and hatred around the world? Because we often forget we all belong to one another; we forget to respect other's choice; we try to impose our values on others; we assume "we" are chosen people by God, we are superior than "others", therefore "they" should follow the way that "we" think correct.

I know Christianity as much as you do. But I will never convert to any other religion. I am proud of being who I am. There is nothing wrong with being a Muslim. If you are real Christian, you must know what Jesus did. He never intended to divide people. Jesus is all about love, tolerance, and forgiving.

Oh by the way, I think you made an over-generalization in your arguement. A very small number of Uyghurs were Christian at that time. The dominant religion among the Uyghurs was Buddhism, not Christianity.

I still don't see the problem w/ Uyghurs being Christians. Uyghurs were Christians from about the 7th century until about the 15th century. Christian Uyghurs met Marco Polo in China. Why can't Uyghurs return to their Christian roots?

Unregistered
05-03-06, 15:46
Chuck
We would assume this forum is good for political posters. In terms of religion matter, indeed the ancester of uyghurs had practiced several different religions. No matter how many religions were being practiced before, they are considerd themselfves as truely Muslims now. Whatever reason they have swicthed their religions too many times, they don't have to be pendulum again. So in terms of religion matter, please leave them alone. That is a opionion anyway. Other than that, someone would help you to learn their language. The uyghurs were forced to swicthed their scripts many times, that did't helped to them. Currently, they are forced to switch their language into chinese in china, if you ask one more switch from them, then that would be too much. May be you better learn chinese since they are switching their language into chinese. What we could do then, sorry, no help.

Chuck Martel
05-03-06, 16:27
they don't have to be pendulum again

Why do you necessarily think that makes them a pendulum -- again?

Maybe I have misinterpreted a core concept of this website. I thought this website existed to preserve the Uyghur as a people and prevent them from being overwhelmed by the Han. Instead, it seems that the actual focus is to make sure the Uyghurs adhere to the Islamic line thereby preserving the existing power structure w/in Uyghur society.

So, which is it? Is the purpose of the Uyghur American Ass'n a benevolent purpose to make sure the Uyghur are preserved as a people? Or is the actual purpose of the Ass'n to work to preserve the existing power structure w/in Uyghur society by requiring Islam among the Uyghur?

Uyghur
05-03-06, 16:51
Actually my question is a counter to the assumption that one can only be a "real" Uyghur if one adheres to the teachings of Mohammad. ?

Chuck, if you got that impression, you are mistaken. In fact, very few Uyghurs adhere to the teachings of Mohammad regardless of the availability of that choice. I have that choice here in American, but my people back home do not. But, I do not adhere to Mohammad's teachings. As most of my contemperaries, I follow secular life style. I do not pray, not even once a day not to mention five; I drink alcohol, occasionally though; my attire is not different than yours unless you are a dressed-up priest or a hippy. The only teaching I adhere to consistently is not to eat pork (even those Uyghurs who converted to Christianity may observe this rule unless they are from former Soviet Union, but I am not sure how they handle this issue). That is hardly equal to following Mohammad's teachings. But, I still consider myself a Muslim as most of my fellow Uyghur contemperaries do. Because, I conduct the most basic rituals in life, such as child birth, circumcising, wedding, death etc according to Islamic ways. Eveybody, even those proclaimed Chinese atheists , has to do those rituals in certain way. To me it has to be my parents' way.

[/QUOTE]
This site says the Uyghur people have generally forgotten or are in the process of forgetting the ancestral ways of the Uyghurs and no longer remember who they are as a people.[/QUOTE]

Again you are mistaken here. When people lament about forgetting their ancestral ways, no one is refering to the pre-Islamic periods. They are refering to ancetral ways that are being suppressed by the Chinese. Those ways obviously have nothing to do with Christianity or Budhism.

I like the current religious arrangements among Uyghurs. I can choose my own comfortable level of practicing and no Uyghur bothers me regardless of what end of the spectrum they are at. As long as I do not violated those mutually accepted basic covenants of Uyghurs that I mentioned above (basic rituals in life must be conducted in certain Islamic way), I am free to practice the religion as much or as little I feel like it. No one other than the Chinese bothers me. I would be concerned if a prospect of Islamic extremism or a different religion such as Christianity threatens our way of life. These prospects are equally as dangerous as the one the Chinese Government is pushing for--destroying our religion.