PDA

View Full Version : Thank you so much

Kathy Polias
11-04-10, 20:16
Hello everyone:

I hope you are well. I wanted to thank everyone who signed the online petition – and/or sent individual letters/e-mails -- to the United States’ Permanent Mission to the United Nations in Geneva last month, asking that the United States discuss the human rights violations committed by the Chinese government against the Uyghur people during the general debate on Item 4 (“Human rights situations that require the Council’s attention”) at the 13th session of the UN Human Rights Council in Geneva in March 2010. The United States did, in fact, raise the Uyghurs’ plight during the general debate on Item 4 on March 15, 2010. I strongly believe that your messages to the mission helped to make that happen.

The United States said, “China increased cultural and religious repression of ethnic minorities in the Xinjiang Uighur Autonomous region and increased detentions and harassment of human rights activists and public interest lawyers. The government continued its repression in Tibetan areas. It limited freedom of speech and controlled the Internet and Internet access."

I also want to thank everyone who showed their support for the Uyghurs to European Union officials and sent individual letters/e-mails to these officials, asking that the EU raise the Uyghurs’ plight during the Human Rights Council meeting last month. The EU did convey concern over the human rights of ethnic and religious minorities in China in its statement for the general debate on Item 4. Again, I believe that your messages helped to make this happen.

For more information about the mentions of the Uyghurs’ plight during the 13th session of the UN Human Rights Council in Geneva last month (March 2010), see the press release that UAA issued on March 19, 2010 at:

www.uyghuramerican.org//articles/4473/1/Uyghurs-Plight-Discussed-During-the-13th-Session-of-the-UN-Human-Rights-Council-in-Geneva/index.html

Thank you so much.

Best wishes,
Kathy Polias
United Nations Liaison, Uyghur American Association (www.uyghuramerican.org)

Unregistered
12-04-10, 06:26
Hello everyone:

I hope you are well. I wanted to thank everyone who signed the online petition – and/or sent individual letters/e-mails -- to the United States’ Permanent Mission to the United Nations in Geneva last month, asking that the United States discuss the human rights violations committed by the Chinese government against the Uyghur people during the general debate on Item 4 (“Human rights situations that require the Council’s attention”) at the 13th session of the UN Human Rights Council in Geneva in March 2010. The United States did, in fact, raise the Uyghurs’ plight during the general debate on Item 4 on March 15, 2010. I strongly believe that your messages to the mission helped to make that happen.

The United States said, “China increased cultural and religious repression of ethnic minorities in the Xinjiang Uighur Autonomous region and increased detentions and harassment of human rights activists and public interest lawyers. The government continued its repression in Tibetan areas. It limited freedom of speech and controlled the Internet and Internet access."

I also want to thank everyone who showed their support for the Uyghurs to European Union officials and sent individual letters/e-mails to these officials, asking that the EU raise the Uyghurs’ plight during the Human Rights Council meeting last month. The EU did convey concern over the human rights of ethnic and religious minorities in China in its statement for the general debate on Item 4. Again, I believe that your messages helped to make this happen.

For more information about the mentions of the Uyghurs’ plight during the 13th session of the UN Human Rights Council in Geneva last month (March 2010), see the press release that UAA issued on March 19, 2010 at:

www.uyghuramerican.org//articles/4473/1/Uyghurs-Plight-Discussed-During-the-13th-Session-of-the-UN-Human-Rights-Council-in-Geneva/index.html

Thank you so much.

Best wishes,
Kathy Polias
United Nations Liaison, Uyghur American Association (www.uyghuramerican.org)

Hi Kathy, Thanks for your support and all the work you are doing for the peace in the world.