PDA

View Full Version : Wher are the Uighurs in UK ???

uighur
08-11-05, 11:12
Chinese President Hu jintao visited London this morning.

There is extensive coverage in BBC and SKY tv network all over the UK and all over Europe. Tibet Youth Organisation and Falongong held protests upon arrival of hitay leader and they are interviewed by these world's biggest media.

people all over uk, europe and perhaps the world at least heard that there is something called "Tibet" and "Falongong".

what about us? Uighurs????
what are we doing at that particular moment? working? earning money? eating shit? Are we hoping that tibettans or hitays chant slogans for us? or hoping that Tony Blair will do this for us???

Is that the reason why no one in the London street don't even know the word "uighur" ?

Unregistered
08-11-05, 13:16
Uyghurs in the UK have always been disunited. There are those who would like to carry out some activities but afraid to do so because they want to return to China and see their family memebers. There are still quite a lot of Uyghurs who have become British citizens but they have families and careers to look after and don't want to bother too much going down the streets in London to chant slogans. Still there are some very progressive politicians but no one knows what they are doing and what they are going to do. Actually there are two well-established associaions in the UK but they have been very quiet for a long time.

Unregistered
08-11-05, 18:01
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4418414.stm

Battle of the flags for China visit
By Dominic Casciani
BBC News community affairs

[Deleted]

Next to them was a small compliment of Uyghurs. These are people from the territory of East Turkistan. They don't speak Chinese, write using Arabic script and are predominantly Muslim.

Ilyar Pehridin, a former refugee and member of the British Uyghur Association, said that their cause was the forgotten one amidst the vast swathe of complaints against China. Their culture is being eroded, he said, amid immigration policies designed to fragment the Uyghar identity and suppress its language. Since 9/11, he claimed, the Chinese government had used general fear of Islamist extremism to crush peaceful dissent by Muslim people in the territory.

"Our people are completely oppressed and cannot challenge China's rule," he said.

"If we even raise our flag, it is an offence. I am very surprised that the British state would give such a reception to Mr Hu when we all know the abuses he is responsible for. But today I stand here as a proud British citizen, exercising my right to protest."

Uighur
09-11-05, 11:33
Many thanks for informing me about the the presence of uighur protesters at Buckingham Palace.

I am so glad that it is, at least the beginning. Uighurs all over the world should be proud of Ilyar Pehridin. I perosnally pay my highest respect to him.

But, I am still frustrated that uighurs missed a big chance to let the world know ourselves. No one mentioned us on bbc tv and radio, we don't even had a headline on this news.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4418414.stm

Why there is so few of us who wants to sacrifice a bit for the cause of uighur freedom? why so many hesitations?

Rebiya Kadir is a greatest person in recent uighur history. she gave up her children in xinjiang, she sacrificed her business. Sometimes I can not believe an old woman giong as far as she can, shouting as loud as she can and crying as much as she can for the cause of Uighur freedom. She is even willing to die for us !!! That is the spirit we all should learn and have.

what is bigger that we are so affraid to give up than that of Rebiya Kadir's ?

What do you expect to achieve if you don't sacrifice at all?

Freedom is not free for you to get, it is sacrid thing that you should fight for.

Again, the Rebiya Kadir: she is an Uighur Goddess, a gift from Allah, and she is our biggest hope to get our rights back.

I sinserely hope, I cry to wish, and beg from Allah that:
Uighurs all over the planet would unite under Rabiye Kadir as one entity, as one voice, as one lethal weapon against chinese rule.

Amrikidin
10-11-05, 18:49
uighur, are not you an Uyghur yourself? Where were you when that coverage happens? One person could hold a ET flag and get covered by the press. That one person could be you.

Chinese President Hu jintao visited London this morning.

There is extensive coverage in BBC and SKY tv network all over the UK and all over Europe. Tibet Youth Organisation and Falongong held protests upon arrival of hitay leader and they are interviewed by these world's biggest media.

people all over uk, europe and perhaps the world at least heard that there is something called "Tibet" and "Falongong".

what about us? Uighurs????
what are we doing at that particular moment? working? earning money? eating shit? Are we hoping that tibettans or hitays chant slogans for us? or hoping that Tony Blair will do this for us???

Is that the reason why no one in the London street don't even know the word "uighur" ?

Uighur
11-11-05, 16:13
Sorry, I don live in UK. I am a Irlandian citizen.

Unregistered
14-11-05, 04:16
hgnhnhbnhbnhbnhb