PDA

View Full Version : A Uyghur Story of Suffer

Adel.Uyghur
26-10-09, 03:14
A Uyghur Story of Suffer

Translated by Adel Uyghur (Australia)

It is not because I am afraid of using my real name, but this is a tragic story of which every Uyghur youth has been experiencing in these days. So, I’d like to use just “Uyghur” for my name.
I was born in Kucha where may ancestors lived generation after generation. By the time of my childhood, my family became extremely poor as the government imposed various taxes on us and forced my parents to do free work for the government projects.
My father, mother and my brother said “being in the farm is just burning in the hell, we don’t want you to end up us, the only way you could escape of this hell is studying…”.
They all worked extremely hard, wore ragged clothing, and did not eat enough to save money for my study fees. No to disappoint my family, I studied hard day and night and my results were becoming extremely good.
My family saved enough to pay the high fees and expenses and I was able to start my study in a university in Urumqi.
As I needed continous support for the next year’s fees and for my expenses, my brother had to work as a firewoodman – he brings firewood to sale for bakers from a jungle. He asked for help from his friends and they also helped to pay for my fees and other expenses...
Returning home on a holiday, I found that my father died. He refused to go to a hospital to be treated to save money for my studies! My study costed a lot, even my father’s life! What I had thought was everything was going to be fine when graduate.
However, the tragidy was not over yet. In the final year of my 5 years study, my family had been facing up even worse tragidies.
One day I received a letter from my mother: “my son I had to tell you now, I cannot afford to send any money, we have nothing worth left, but I don’t know how could you live withut any money…Your brother was tired and so slept in his donkey cart when he was carrying firewook from the jungle. The donkey was lost and accidently came close to PLA base. The army officials were suspecious and donkey and the cart were confiscated, my brother was detained. The officials did not listen to his explanations. When I heard about it, I went to many government officials, pleaded them, but no one listened to me. They could not find any avidence against your him, but still they sentenced him for a year…. My dear son you must graduate, then, you might have a job and earn enough money to help your brother, don’t worry about me…”
I was unable to contunue reading the letter. I felt dizzyness and my eyes blured. I’d wanted to give up my study. I must have been with my mother. Unfortunately, I had no money even to buy a bus ticket to go hime...
I decided to complete my studies in spite of it costs. My brother had that accident because for my study. My mother was correct. “When I have a good job and money then I could rescue my brother. Othewise nobody would listen to a poor person like me”, I thought.
I decided to work at week-ends but it was found to be impossible find a work. There were many Uyghur graduates looking for work. I had even not graduted and nobody interested me. I had to wash dishes at weekends for my food.
At the end of the year, I received a letter from my neighbour in Kucha: “Come back please, your brother is released, but he is not well. He was biten by a prison dogs and his body is full of injures. At first he seemed alright, but after a couple of days of his release he started laugh and yell all the time. Your mother is having very difficulty in dealing with, now. Your brother was tortured severely in prison and was injected something. He was forced to eat human excremete and drink urine. He has severe mentall problems, now. He told us all these when he just released, then his health became worst. You mother is ill, too. The government officials did not care them. As you know, we are poor farmers. Nobody listen to us. We can’t effort to buy meat and vegetables. What we neighbour could do to help them is just offering a loaf of bread each day. We cannot afford to do more than that….. Come back quickly… ”
I told all above to my university addmistrators. It seemed that they show sympathy and encouraged me to stay at school to graduate. My generous classmates collected money to pay for my graduation fees and it enabled me to graduate with great results….
I looked for job in Uurmqi to bring some money to home - money could make a differnece for my family. In spite of being fluent in Mandarine language, having outstanding results and having studied a highly sought subject, my job applications have been rejected in everywhere. All the employers are Han Chinese. Some of them even told me directly that they don’t want Uyghurs.
I have to go back to Kucha with empty pockets. My mother had alreadfy sold our farmland to pay for my expenses. We have nothing except an old two room house. I am unable to sleep at night as my brother talks load and suffers from the pain which resulted from the torture in the detention...
I have nothing to eat for my breakfast. I have tried to knock each possible door in Kucha, but nobody has offerred me a work. I have to come to my family empty handed each night. Everyday is the same. I wait long and long outside my door avoiding to look at my mother’s fading eyes... None of my classmates has got a job yet and they are unable to help me. It has been now 3 months…
Please, tell me what could I do now? whom do I blaime? My mother’s illness has been deterioting and now she is in bed. My young and healthy brother is now useless …
Unable find the reason of these things happen to me, I raised my head and pleaded to God: “Oh, God show me the right way, lead me to the best possible direction to expel the Chinese communist government and its immigrant Han Chinese who sucking our blood”

March 2009 (translated in October 2009)

Unregistered
26-10-09, 07:59
Most of the Uyghurs are now in a situation like above. In a situation like this what is the best way to do? Could anybody/experts have any suggestions?

Unregistered
26-10-09, 15:31
From March until now, it has been 7 months, and had 7.5 event in between. I hope he and his family still alive.

I wish could send them some $ to help them pull through the current difficulty. However, it will not solve the same problem many Uighur family encountering. The root of all of this is a big project to deal with for all Uighurs work together in order to prevent tragedies and improve our selves. In this regard, I may not be right, however I have some thought wish could share with you.

The ‘go west’ and ‘petroleum-gas-mineral’ projects etc. generated huge wealth, but the open and non-open ‘policy’ or individual Han nationalist who have the political power put huge restriction on Uighurs life. The go west, on the other hand, if interpreted as ‘Han people go west’, became the re-occupation of already politically and military occupied land with Han peoples with faster pace, those ‘go west’ people is not the ruling class but the body of social-economic-culture, so that the policy deemed to extend with the elimination of Uighur in the all-essential parts of social-economic-cultural survival, which what I believe is also called violation of Human rights or violation of indigenous people’s right.

If we say the occupation of land, people still have chance to survive with their own economic-cultural system. However, ‘go west’, will kill the Uighur economic system, cultural and political rights all together. With the huge number of Han Chinese immigrant, which consist of the whole team of workers, engineer and boss with the encouraging benefits from the governmental policy, hanged up many local Uighur business, job opportunities and better survival chances. The bingtuan and now new immigrant farmers, have competing Uighur for the limited resources for water, land and funding (favorable for Han), is a second crush on the Uighir farmer and the relevant people’s life. The no favor for employment of Uighurs who either are college and above level educated or high school level graduates makes the third crush on Uighurs life. The Han chinese nationalism and the Chinese government mismanagement and Wang lequan's wield politics and propaganda, all of those made Uighur with disadvantages on all aspects of work, study, business, security and personal living in all fields all over the China not only limited to their hometown, which accounts for the fourth crush.

Now the language policy made 80% Uighur population who live as farmer or who live on no high education required skills with no hope. They learn Chinese will not benefit them but only hurt! The farmer learns Chinese will let them compete with the whole billion Han population with disadvantaged Uighur's nationality in China. The college graduate who learns Chinese will deal with the same problem and have to compete with the all Han college graduates all over the China with unequal employment and promotion opportunity in their own homeland.

Uighur may still survive if we could keep our own closed culture, language, business and etc. and can't open to other nationalities, such as Han, which don’t have the similarity with Uighur culture but with the absolute political-economic-military-population power that will bury Uighur farmers with full pain all over. A non-governmental Uighur culture union, farmers union, teachers union, business union, other economic unions and self-protective strategies should employ to ensure a hemi closed economic, culture circle. Partial open to Chinese and other nationalities should be restricted only in the business format, partial open to international communities as well. Those unions have to survive independent of government funding and should not be politically active against any party, but only focus on inter-help, business partner establishment and culture interaction and education promotion planning within and with surrounding and other countries. If that union cannot exist openly because of the Chinese restriction, then underground organizing should operate. All poor Uighur, non-government employed Uighur and all suffered Uighur should be informed and organized. Preserving Uighur farmers resources should be urgent issues so that they could survive after a difficulty.

Special communication methods should be established to avoid ‘outsider’ destruction. Every Uighur family should able to donate a very small amount to maintain the essential functioning of the unions. Self-disciplinal and some level of rules should be told to every Uighur family. Gaining funding or support from international communities should be tried, esp. from those who benefit from Uighur policy from China and still remain sympathy on Uighur.

At this point of the Uighur history, every Uighur except for the few that enjoy the sucking of Uighur blood do wish a change of our fate and life, and preserve our Uighur nationality. Only when Uighur organization does not depend on Chinese government to survive, could Uighur preserve and improve our culture and language etc. with our own will and pace.

Of course, Human right struggle is a different aspect. However, Chinese government is trained with ‘zhi lu wei ma’, which means ‘point on a deer call it a horse (and everybody have to agree with). There is very limited chance for Uighur even with the strongest international presser on them, they always ‘ zhi lu wei ma’ to avoid the truth and fulfill their political plan by ignoring the different voice. However, I believe with more and more Chinese understand Uighurs situation they might show some degree of sympathy but most of them will never want to change it fundamentally. And this little sympathy is very easy to be destroyed via a little political trick, like ‘riot’ event and propaganda, which will ruin the efforts that had spent. With much intense on injustice and the difficulty for survive under oppression (blood sucking), I believe there will be plenty chances for the Chinese politician to play ‘riot’, ‘extremist’, ‘terrorist’ or ‘separatist’ games to distract the people’s eyes and keep their inhuman policy toward Uighur nationality from alive.

Only when fundamental political reform in China occurred, may open one but non-guarantied chance for Uighur people. However, with the Chinese long run brain washed education and propaganda on history, false believe and the long run politics ‘DA JI’ (big plot) to eliminate and assimilation without equal rights, Uighur might not have the real chance to survive from them at anytime if we depend on them. Depend on our self, not only through fight for rights but also have to through economic-cultural struggle and self-rescue. I believe non-governmental open or underground social-culture-economic organizations should be established through out Uighur people. That is my thought.

A. Uighur

Unregistered
27-10-09, 14:25
yahxi yezilghan makale iken. uyghurlarning bugunki we kelechigini yahxi ipadilep beriptu.
mumkin bolsa birer gezit yaki zornalda (cheteldiki) elan kilinsa yahsi bolatti.

Adel. Uyghur
28-10-09, 02:25
Maning hismitim aldirax bolghanlighi uqun aldirapla xunqilik tarjima kilip koydum. Uning tarjimisini tehimu janliklaxturup bir gizit yaki jornalgha beridighanlar bolsa karxi aliman.

yahxi yezilghan makale iken. uyghurlarning bugunki we kelechigini yahxi ipadilep beriptu.
mumkin bolsa birer gezit yaki zornalda (cheteldiki) elan kilinsa yahsi bolatti.

Unregistered
29-10-09, 13:41
If Uyghur over there don't or not able to help each other, almost no hope to prevent this from happening.

Most of the Uyghurs are now in a situation like above. In a situation like this what is the best way to do? Could anybody/experts have any suggestions?

Unregistered
29-10-09, 14:23
Maning hismitim aldirax bolghanlighi uqun aldirapla xunqilik tarjima kilip koydum. Uning tarjimisini tehimu janliklaxturup bir gizit yaki jornalgha beridighanlar bolsa karxi aliman.

Eger sizde esli orginali yeni Uyghurche yezilghan esli nushisi bolsa engishche terjimingiz bilen birge chaplap koysingiz, terjimisini toluklap birer gezitke yollap baksa bolidu.

Unregistered
30-10-09, 22:50
Uyghurqisi muxu torbitida "Bir Uyghur Yaxning Ahu-zari"

Unregistered
31-10-09, 16:05
someone should edit this narrative and send it to news editors. This is a story that goes in depth and explains the sitution many uighurs are in even today.

Adel.Uyghur
01-11-09, 01:46
The original copy of the story in Uyghu, "Watandiki bir Uyghur Yashning Nalisi", is available at East Turkistan Information Center website. I am the person who translated the story as I think that is a typical Uyghur problem. I hope someone who edit it and publish it in a more popular website.

Unregistered
03-11-09, 22:49
The original copy of the story in Uyghu, "Watandiki bir Uyghur Yashning Nalisi", is available at East Turkistan Information Center website. I am the person who translated the story as I think that is a typical Uyghur problem. I hope someone who edit it and publish it in a more popular website.

Can you possibly send it to New York Times, Washington Post, Al Jazzara, and other news sources so they can publish it as a personal narrative?