PDA

View Full Version : Sample letter to Representatives for House Resolution 624

jack II
30-07-09, 19:19
Attached is a sample letter to be sent to your Representative concerning House Resolution 624, a bill "Condemning all violent repression by the Government of the People's Republic of China of peaceful Uighur protests." The text of the bill is at the link (url) below:
http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-hr624/text

The url (link) below will provide contact details for your elected member of the House of Representatives.
http://www.house.gov/

The Honorable *_______________________________
United States House of Representatives
Washington, DC 20515

Dear Representative:

I am writing in support of House Resolution 624, entitled "Condemning all violent repression by the Government of the People's Republic of China of peaceful Uighur protests" and urge you to support this resolution, if not sign on as a co-sponsor to the legislation. The suppression of free speech and peaceful assembly in the Peoples Republic of China (PRC) has been most acute with regards to 'ethnic minorities'. The 'ethnic minorities' are considered to be 'Chinese' by the PRC government, however the Uighurs, Tibetans, Mongols and other 'minorities' were sovereign states prior to the takeover by the Chinese Communist Party and have unique and distinct cultures and languages. Although they are now a minority in their homelands, they were once the majority and have suffered greatly under the Chinese occupation of the past sixty years.

Chinese governmental policies have placed the assimilation of the 'ethnic minorities' on the fast track. Today in Xinjiang province of the PRC (aka Eastern Turkestan,) there are programs to wipe out the vestiges of Uighur culture and language and replace them with the Chinese culture and language. Combined with a massive crackdown on the male population based on vague, concocted charges of terrorism, the Uighur people are being crushed under the weight of a foreign power and are helpless to prevent their eventual annihilation as a people.

As my elected representative, I urge you to support House Resolution 624 and any legislation that lightens the burden on the people suffering under the Chinese Communist Party ruled People's Republic of China.

Thank you for your time and attention,

(Signed)