PDA

View Full Version : US-Afghan war is actually good thing for Uyghur Independence Movement...

Unregistered
17-07-09, 16:43
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/stopnato/message/40624

For all the Central Asian republics US will overshadow China and Russian ties which are the main obstacle for the Uyghur independence movements.

Since Afghan war, US, NATO and western Europe influence are tenfold increased and keep increasing... Stratigically, China is not an ally but a threat to US interests as seen in the South China Sea incidents and other encounters. For Western Europe, Central Asia is one place that would meet and meeting its energy needs and currently, they are overwriting/changing the Contracts that China made with them previously.

In that sense, in the new great game, it will be US, Western Europe vs China and Russia for the resource rich Central Asia.

This will create an opportunity for Uyghurs as if they got the military support from US, NATO, Western Europe, they will be able to offset the main obstacles of China and Russia for their independence movement.

Unregistered
17-07-09, 16:52
http://www.inteldaily.com/news/172/ARTICLE/11239/2009-07-15.html

"Perhaps the Chinese and Russians are tolerating US meddling in Central Asia in line with the age-old strategy of playing off your enemies against each other -- in this case, the Americans and the Taliban. This strategy was used by the US in the 1930s, building up both the fascists and communists to fight each other in Europe. Recall Truman's famous quip: "If we see that Germany is winning we ought to help Russia and if Russia is winning we ought to help Germany and that way let them kill as many as possible, although I don't want to see Hitler victorious under any circumstances." It can just as well be used against the Americans today."

Unregistered
17-07-09, 16:58
US-Afghan war is actually good thing for Uyghur Independence Movement...

This title strikes me hard, the innocent Muslims dieing in Afghanistan is a GOOD thing for uygurs??

Unregistered
17-07-09, 17:02
I am you have a big support for that... Since Chinese occupation, millions, possibly tens of millions of Uyghurs were genocided by Chinese and this is something that you are proud of? right? The US is trying to establish a democracy in Afghanistan and stop it becoming another extremist country while China is genociding Uyghurs and Tibetans...

Unregistered
17-07-09, 17:51
Afghans are our neighbors. We had a shared history in the past during the Qarahan kanid. Among the non-Turkic peoples they are closest to Uyghurs in terms of culture and language. But, their version of religion seems to be holding them back. Afghanistan is one of the poorest countries on earth, which makes me sad. I truely hope they become a modern and prosperous neighbor. War is never good for any one. It makes me sad to see so many people are dying over there every day. But, I hope the American effort will help them to rid themselves off the extremist ideology and bring long-lasting peace and prosperity to their country. They are one of the most beautiful, courageous, proud and honest people, but also one of the most unfortunate and miserable with millions living in refugee camps. I hope some day they will emerge from all this unfortunate events as a strong people and become the true owners of their own destiny.