PDA

View Full Version : A Conversation with my colleague

Unregistered
04-07-09, 00:17
Yesterday I told my officemate the incident happened in Shaoguan. He attentively listened to the story and visibly disturbed by it. And then we had a conversation that I decided to share with you here.

He: what happened to the rest of them, those who survived?
Me: reportedly government transferred them to a different factory.
He: if they were forced to go there in the first place, why do not they go home now? Government would not be able to hold them after that incident.
Me: No, they have no choice. Government will punish them if they go home.
He: Come on, now you start to exaggerate. They do have a choice; only a dead person does not have a choice. It could happen again at the other factories, they could die, right? What can the government possibly do that is worse than that, shoot them? If so, they look dead to me either way.

At this point of the conversation I did not know how to respond. He shrugged off and turned back to his computer. His words started to reverberate in my head: “only a dead person does not have a choice,” “they look dead to me either way.” I knew he spoke figuratively, but it sounded as if he was telling me that they were literally dead.

Even today I could not erase that conversation from my head. Strangely, I asked myself several time, “What if they really are already dead?” It is a chilling thought.

Unregistered
04-07-09, 10:22
Very interesting converstation which let me think a while. Let's assume those who are still living are dead (due to their education level they might have difficulty to think much deeper), what should other Uyghur people do, how to do, when, and where and ....

Unregistered
04-07-09, 15:50
millions of uyghurs have been forced with voilence to the factories in coastal China by the Chinese Communists. Tens of thousands of uyghur girls are forced into prostitution too! These uyghurs had very good lives at home but force into cheap labor against their will! uyghurs never lie!

Very interesting converstation which let me think a while. Let's assume those who are still living are dead (due to their education level they might have difficulty to think much deeper), what should other Uyghur people do, how to do, when, and where and ....

amigo
04-07-09, 15:59
You guys write such a fucking good English, good for you! I have been learning English more than 10 years, am living in North America almost 4 years, still have difficulty to write nice English. I wish I could write as good as your's soon.

Amigo