PDA

View Full Version : Ethic Riot in Shao Guna Exposed Fake Ethnic Harmony

Turdi Ghoja
30-06-09, 22:41
Like many of you on this forum, I am saddened about the tragic incident in Shao Guan, Guang Dong. I feel sorry for the Uyghur farmers who were hurt or lost their lives in a senseless violence fuelled by Chinese nationalism that has been carefully cultivated by the Beijing government in recent years. This incident once again exposed that the so-called “ethnic harmony” portrayed by the Chinese Government is a sham. Clearly, it is the manifestation of ethnic hostility that bubbles just below the surface.

Without equality there would be no ethnic harmony. Imagine if the circumstances were reversed: Uyghurs in East Turkistan attacked Chinese migrant workers. All the participants would be rounded up and punished severely. They would face death sentences or long-term jail depending on their guilt. The incident would be portrayed as terrorism and blamed on the one and only East Turkistan Islamic Movement. But, in Shao Guan it will be treated merely as a common violence.

Some people here suggested that government was behind this incident. That does not make any sense. Incidents like this are not in government’s interest. Remember why the government sent those Uyghurs farmers to Chinese cities in the first place. They want to expose Uyghurs to Chinese culture as part of their assimilation plan. Incidents like this will undermine their plan. I hope this incident will make them realize that their scheme is not working and force them to stop sending Uyghurs to Chinese cities. If the government really cares about the financial well-beings of Uyghurs, they can simply stop bringing Chinese workers to East Turkistan from other parts of China and give the local jobs to Uyghurs.

I have another advice to the Chinese Government-- reallocate resources used for dealing with the political dissent and religious activities among Uyghurs to reigning in the Uyghurs engaged in real criminal activities, use the zero tolerance policy to drug dealers and thieves who give bad name to Uyghurs. Even though the government policy is at the root of the ethnic hatred that caused this incident, we have to admit that bad impression created by Uyghur criminal gangs living in Chinese cities played some role. It is the sole responsibility of the government to reign in these people.

Unregistered
30-06-09, 23:35
So are you acknowledging that CCP is the legitimate government in ET?

Like many of you on this forum, I am saddened about the tragic incident in Shao Guan, Guang Dong. I feel sorry for the Uyghur farmers who were hurt or lost their lives in a senseless violence fuelled by Chinese nationalism that has been carefully cultivated by the Beijing government in recent years. This incident once again exposed that the so-called “ethnic harmony” portrayed by the Chinese Government is a sham. Clearly, it is the manifestation of ethnic hostility that bubbles just below the surface.

Without equality there would be no ethnic harmony. Imagine if the circumstances were reversed: Uyghurs in East Turkistan attacked Chinese migrant workers. All the participants would be rounded up and punished severely. They would face death sentences or long-term jail depending on their guilt. The incident would be portrayed as terrorism and blamed on the one and only East Turkistan Islamic Movement. But, in Shao Guan it will be treated merely as a common violence.

Some people here suggested that government was behind this incident. That does not make any sense. Incidents like this are not in government’s interest. Remember why the government sent those Uyghurs farmers to Chinese cities in the first place. They want to expose Uyghurs to Chinese culture as part of their assimilation plan. Incidents like this will undermine their plan. I hope this incident will make them realize that their scheme is not working and force them to stop sending Uyghurs to Chinese cities. If the government really cares about the financial well-beings of Uyghurs, they can simply stop bringing Chinese workers to East Turkistan from other parts of China and give the local jobs to Uyghurs.

I have another advice to the Chinese Government-- reallocate resources used for dealing with the political dissent and religious activities among Uyghurs to reigning in the Uyghurs engaged in real criminal activities, use the zero tolerance policy to drug dealers and thieves who give bad name to Uyghurs. Even though the government policy is at the root of the ethnic hatred that caused this incident, we have to admit that bad impression created by Uyghur criminal gangs living in Chinese cities played some role. It is the sole responsibility of the government to reign in these people.

Unregistered
01-07-09, 15:34
interesting people.....

Unregistered
02-07-09, 00:45
But, why do you think these gangs would live in Chinese cities and create bad impression? Don't you think existence of these Uyghur gangs in Chinese Cities is also created by the Chinese gov policy? and they are the root of all problems our Uyghurs are facing?

You can only blame why the Uyghurs don't learn how to protect themselves?

" Even though the government policy is at the root of the ethnic hatred that caused this incident, we have to admit that bad impression created by Uyghur criminal gangs living in Chinese cities played some role. It is the sole responsibility of the government to reign in these people."

Nekuto
02-07-09, 01:11
Why don't you think that whom created such criminal gang in Chinese city? If they can get equal education and job oppurtunity in their homeland; is it possible to exist such gangs?
Yes , it is easy and safety to search of root of the problem among Uyghurs, because they don't have power to punish you if you make wrong desicion on their case.

I believe that a person who is know what is etic, can not try to find the root of the problem on Uyughurs, at least at this time.

But, why do you think these gangs would live in Chinese cities and create bad impression? Don't you think existence of these Uyghur gangs in Chinese Cities is also created by the Chinese gov policy? and they are the root of all problems our Uyghurs are facing?

You can only blame why the Uyghurs don't learn how to protect themselves?

" Even though the government policy is at the root of the ethnic hatred that caused this incident, we have to admit that bad impression created by Uyghur criminal gangs living in Chinese cities played some role. It is the sole responsibility of the government to reign in these people."[/QUOTE]

Unregistered
02-07-09, 02:33
I am a Uyghur Australian. My previous hometown is Kashgar. Kashgar is one of the safest palces in the world as most of its residents are Uyghur. You 7-8 year old child walk to school, which is 3km away, every day without having any problem.

The Chinese people also peace-loving people in general. However, the government and the media potrayed Uyghurs as gangsters and thieves, and even terrorists and created a hatred among Chinese against Uyghurs.

The Chinese government and its members have been robbing Uyghur for decades. Our land, our house, our water, our city, our gold have been robbed to the last

Our culure, way of life, language, jobs,... were robbed

They have started killing our near-born babies long ago. Now they started bucthering us. They killed us in the name of terrorists, in the name of gangsters, in the name of rapists.

The world ignoring Uyghurs.

The farmers are not gangsters. They are nothing to do with those gansters who created by the Chinese authorities. They are poor farmers who want to earn some money.

"The Chinese teacher who raped several Uyghur girls in a primary school protected by authorities" what this mean?

Since I was born about 60 years ago, the only thing Uyghur people scared of has been the government. "Don't speak againist the government, they have guns they shoot you as they shot you uncle" this has been what my parents keep telling me.

The real terrorists are Chinese authorities

Unregistered
02-07-09, 16:17
I agree. The real TERRORIST is chinese authorities, government. Why we, Uyghurs, can't find solution(s) to reverse that and / or to accomplish our dreamed goal(s)? Is it suppose to Uyghurs in western world, at least intellectuals, do something or produce an article to publish or something else, instead of living in silence??!!

Unregistered
04-07-09, 10:25
Hey Uyghurs..!!!!!! Uyghurs!!!!!!!!!!????????

Unregistered
04-07-09, 11:03
Write a letter to president Obama. A sentence will make difference.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/