PDA

View Full Version : Uyghur Detainees at Gitmo Compare U.S. to Hitler

Uyghur News
02-06-09, 00:31
Towendiki FOX News ning xewirige kore, Guantanamodiki Uyghurlar Amerikini Hitlergha oxshatqanmish:

Uyghur Detainees at Gitmo Compare U.S. to Hitler
America is twice as bad as the Nazis -- that was the harsh accusation by the Chinese Muslims, also known as the Uyghurs, held at Guantanamo Bay.

By Catherine Herridge

FOXNews.com

Monday, June 01, 2009

America is twice as bad as the Nazis -- that was the harsh accusation by the Chinese Muslims, also known as the Uyghurs, held at Guantanamo Bay.

The 17 men were picked up in the training camps in Afghanistan where they were preparing for Jihad against China. They were cleared for release, in part, because their supporters claim the United States is not their direct enemy.

Late Monday afternoon, during a tour for a small group of journalists -- FOX News was the only American television network there -- the Uyghurs set into motion a plan to communicate to the outside world. And the message to the U.S., where the Obama administration hopes to bring some of the Uyghurs, was not only harsh but accusatory.

At their home, a separate camp from the others called "Camp Iguana," a small group approached the metal fence with an art pad. The men slowly turned the pages so that we could film each one.

Their statements were in English. They accuse the U.S. of the same oppression they experienced at the hands of the Chinese. The U.S. is even compared to the Nazis -- "America is Double Hetler (Hitler) in unjustice," one read. Another read "now we are being oppressed in America for the second time."

The other statements from their art pad, paid for by the U.S. government, are below:

"we need to freedom"

"where is the justice"

"we need to freedom. Do not oppress us"

"what is the difference between Democracy and Communist"

"America with Chinese Government are oppressing us"

"America is Double Hetler (sic Hitler) in unjustice (sic injustice)"

"What is the difference of the Democracy and Communist"

"America destroys human rights by oppressing innocent people in the jail"

"we need to freedom"

"we are being held in prison though we had been announced innocent according to the verdict (verdict) of the Court"

Then, unsolicited, the two Uyghurs began speaking English. One asked, "Obama is a communist or a democrat? We have same operation in China."

There appears little doubt the Uyghurs statements will complicate the administration's efforts to find them a home.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/06/01/uyghur-detainees-gitmo-compare-hitler/

Unregistered
02-06-09, 04:12
Amirikini kandakmu Hitayning Uyghurlargha yurguziwatkan zorawanliklirigha selixturghili bolidu. Yatta yil kapazning iqida yatmak tas. Birak Hitaygha kayturiwatkan bolsa kongullargha botulka tikip, jan yiringlargha atning kilini tikip, sakillinglarni amburda yulup, kingghir kahxitip olturatti, aghzinglarni sozlaydighangha aqurmayti. Hitay wahxi taliplardinmu exip quxidu. Ang yahxisi yanila Amirika hokumiti wa halkining insanparwerligiga rahmat eytip yetip turunglar.

Silar uqun Amirika az bax katurmaywatidu. Insaning kimmiti ana xu. Wahxi Hitay kommunistliri wa taliplarda insanlik kanqilik?

Weekly Standard
02-06-09, 12:15
"Weekly Standard" bu ishni ching tutuwelip, Guantanamodiki 17 Uighurning Amerikini Xitaygha oxshashla dushmen koridighanliqini jakarlidi. Adwokatlarning ejrige poq surkigendek bir ish boldi.

================================

The Uighurs Are Angry At America

The central argument put forth in defense of the 17 Uighurs detained at Gitmo is that their principal enemy is China, not the U.S.

This defense ignores a host of troubling facts including that: (a) all of the Uighur detainees are members or associates of the ETIM/TIP (a U.S. and UN designated al Qaeda-affiliate), (b) at least 8 current Uighur detainees have admitted their relationship with Abdul Haq (a member of al Qaeda’s elite Shura Council), who oversaw their training (c) most of the Uighurs were trained at a terrorist camp in Tora Bora – a stronghold for al Qaeda and the Taliban, (d) their organization has targeted civilians and fought alongside Taliban and al Qaeda forces in Afghanistan and elsewhere, (e) their organization has reportedly targeted American interests (the U.S. embassy in Kyrgyzstan in 2002), as well as a variety of other pieces of evidence.

In short, the Uighur detainees at Gitmo had all the signs of being committed jihadists with demonstrable ties to al Qaeda, and not just Chinese separatists, prior to their detention by American forces.

No matter, the Uighurs’ defenders argue, releasing them in the U.S. or elsewhere should be no cause of concern because they only have China in their crosshairs.

Well, the Uighur detainees have now complicated their own cases even further. FOX News reports that they staged a mini-protest for the media at Gitmo. They held up signs that read:

“America is Double Hetler (Hitler) in unjustice.”

“now we are being oppressed in America for the second time.”

“what is the difference between Democracy and Communist”

“America with Chinese Government are oppressing us”

“What is the difference of the Democracy and Communist”

FOX’s Catherine Herridge reports that two Uighurs spoke in English. One wondered:

“Obama is a communist or a democrat? We have same operation in China.”

Clearly, the Uighurs are angry at America. And they view America in the same light that they view China – according to their own statements.

Posted by Thomas Joscelyn on June 2, 2009 10:24 AM |

http://www.weeklystandard.com/weblogs/TWSFP/2009/06/the_uighurs_are_angry_at_ameri_1.asp

Unregistered
02-06-09, 13:16
Bu hawarni nadin alhandu? Uyghurlar ras shundak digandimu yaki oydurmimdu?

Turdi Ghoja
02-06-09, 22:34
If I had a way to communicate with them, I have a few words to say to them, in unmistakably Uyghur way: What the hell were you guys thinking? Why are you guys acting as if you have no clue what is going on outside? Are you really that stupid? You must been mad that the Obama White house told you are innocent but asked the Supreme Court to block your entrance to US. But, that cannot be an excuse for what you said. I hate to break it to you, but in English language there is no equivalent to the Uyghur saying "gep uchup kitidu” (words get blown away by the wind). Words are heavier in this country; they do have consequences. It seems the only way we Uyghurs know how to use free speech regardless where we live is to abuse them without giving any thoughts to its consequences or whom it might hurt, some times not realizing that it is actually hurting ourselves as in this case. Half of what we write on Internet messageboards are senseless insults to each other, accusing any one and every one including Rabiye Kadir as traitor and Chinese spy no matter how stupid and senseless it sounds. Of course, I had my dose of this nonsense not so long ago. What is wrong with us? Why do not we think before we open our mouths? Is the point of talking just to temporarily relieve boredom, stress, resentment or anger? Our discussion forums look more like an Idiotsanonymous therapy session than a place for normal exchange of ideas.

I am quite pissed at what you guys said to the reporters. If that is your way of helping yourself, then you must be getting advice from Beijing (here you go, I am an Uyghur too). What in the world were you thinking? You cannot possibly believe what you said—China and US are the same, otherwise you would have gone to China long time ago. Would you dare to talk this way about China if you were in a Chinese prison? I did not think so. Yes, US made a mistake bringing you to Guantanamo, but God knows it is trying to fix it. In case you did not hear, your files are at the desks of state heads of all the western countries. If you were in China, you could be executed your case reaching not even to the desk of a prefecture head. China treats Uyghurs as if they were not humans. Comparing China to US, the biggest and model democracy in the world, you trivialized the experience of our people under the abusive Chinese regime. You probably thought you belittled US, but in fact you belittled the pains and sufferings of our people.

Yes, it is unfair that you served seven years for no reason. But, looking at the bright side, many of your friends who were left behind in Pakistan have either been killed there by the Pakistani forces or returned to China where they got killed or will be killed. In addition, your incarceration at Guantanamo has brought unprecedented international attention to the situation of Uyghurs in East Turkistan, something that you would not have been able accomplish by any other way or means. Ironically, being imprisoned at Guantanamo is the best service you ever did to your people.

In the past couple of days, I have been working on an article to defend you against some people in US who think you will harm America if you are released here. They have been telling people that you were influenced by the radicals in Pakistan and Afghanistan who hate America. I have been trying to tell Americans that you do not hate America. After reading your messages to reporters this morning, I felt as if you were siding with those people whom I am trying to defend you against. I felt your words as a punch on my mouth. Therefore, instead of finishing that article, I am compelled to write this letter. I hope some day some how and some way you will have access to this letter and feel how mad I am.

How could you sabotage the efforts of those good hearted and patient American lawyers who have been working so hard for so long to save your sorry lives? How could you disappoint your kind and compassionate countrymen around world who have been lobbying hard for your release? You dug yourself A hole.

You might think the focus of the world will stay on you forever. Well, it won’t. It will move on, always does. You might think Uyghurs will keep crying for you forever. Hate to tell you, but we will move on too, we have too many other things to cry and worry about.

If I am this much pissed, you can imagine how other Americans would feel. But, surprisingly, most comments left by them at news websites are quite subdued and even understanding. I guess they have a bigger heart them I do.

I’ll will post the Uyghur version tomorrow.

Turdi Ghoja

Unregistered
02-06-09, 23:39
Eger Gitmodiki Uyghurlar ras Amerikani Hitay bilen ohshash we hetta Amerika Giltlirdin ikki hesse yaman digen bolsa ularning bu tupraqqa dessishi tugeptu. Fox News kichik organ emes.

Towendiki FOX News ning xewirige kore, Guantanamodiki Uyghurlar Amerikini Hitlergha oxshatqanmish:

Uyghur Detainees at Gitmo Compare U.S. to Hitler

By Catherine Herridge

FOXNews.com

Monday, June 01, 2009

The 17 men were picked up in the training camps in Afghanistan where they were preparing for Jihad against China. They were cleared for release, in part, because their supporters claim the United States is not their direct enemy.

Late Monday afternoon, during a tour for a small group of journalists -- FOX News was the only American television network there -- the Uyghurs set into motion a plan to communicate to the outside world. And the message to the U.S., where the Obama administration hopes to bring some of the Uyghurs, was not only harsh but accusatory.

At their home, a separate camp from the others called "Camp Iguana," a small group approached the metal fence with an art pad. The men slowly turned the pages so that we could film each one.

Their statements were in English. They accuse the U.S. of the same oppression they experienced at the hands of the Chinese. The U.S. is even compared to the Nazis -- "America is Double Hetler (Hitler) in unjustice," one read. Another read "now we are being oppressed in America for the second time."

The other statements from their art pad, paid for by the U.S. government, are below:

"we need to freedom"

"where is the justice"

"we need to freedom. Do not oppress us"

"what is the difference between Democracy and Communist"

"America with Chinese Government are oppressing us"

"America is Double Hetler (sic Hitler) in unjustice (sic injustice)"

"What is the difference of the Democracy and Communist"

"America destroys human rights by oppressing innocent people in the jail"

"we need to freedom"

"we are being held in prison though we had been announced innocent according to the verdict (verdict) of the Court"

Then, unsolicited, the two Uyghurs began speaking English. One asked, "Obama is a communist or a democrat? We have same operation in China."

There appears little doubt the Uyghurs statements will complicate the administration's efforts to find them a home.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/06/01/uyghur-detainees-gitmo-compare-hitler/

Unregistered
03-06-09, 00:36
birer kim bularning kallisini qaydurwettimu ya?

amma bezide siyaset digenning ikki teripi bolidu.

Unregistered
03-06-09, 02:20
Gepning qisqisi, Afghanistanda poq bar dep kelgenmu !
Qilidighan inqilap bolsa biz uchun zulum boliwatqan wetinimiz ichide qilmamsen !
Pakistanliq paskinilarni musulman qerindishim way akam dep ahir ulargha yem bulup Uyghurning derdi azdek !

Unregistered
03-06-09, 02:39
Halkimiz intayin nadan. Bu nadanlar yahxi bilan yamanni ayrighuqiligi yok. Bularning kopunqisi zaharlangan yap wa uxxup yatar hajqi taliplar. Bu taliplar ahir millatni sesitidu.

Unregistered
03-06-09, 02:48
Therefore G.timo is the suitable place for such people !
Uyghurs have enough problems to deal with other than these G.timos.
It is better to send them to Saudi Arabia and let them taste the Scharia laws.

Unregistered
03-06-09, 07:12
birer kim bularning kallisini qaydurwettimu ya?

amma bezide siyaset digenning ikki teripi bolidu.

kizzik ishlar. sekre du chu sekre, aldingda likkide dollar bar sekre, digendek demsizya.

Unregistered
03-06-09, 13:15
Yuqiridiki ademler ozenglarni azraq besiwelinglar! Towendikidek hetler manga kelip turidu. Lekin men bekmu ishinip ketmidim. Fox metbuati ozi bir yalghanchi metbuat. Amerkiliqlarmu Fox hewerlirini kop qismi kormeydu. Amerka jemiyitide ozining ishenchisini yoqatqan bir metbuatning hewiri bilenla 17 neper Uyghurgha qol shiltip ketsekmu bolmas. Eng aldi bilen heqiqetni sorushturup andin qol shiltsakmu ulgirimiz.
Hitay hokumiti Fox metbuatigha azraq pul berip qoyghan bolsa aghzigha kelgenni biljirlaydu. Siler erkin dunyada yashawetip azraq ozenglarni tutiwelishni bilmisenglar 17 neper qerindashtin sewr qelishni sorap aware bolmanglar.

> 19, 2009 6:48:09 PM PDTTo: Madeline Hsu <mhsu@sfsu.edu>Cc: Chris Wenchao Li <wenchao@sfsu.edu>,
> Qian Guo <qguo@sfsu.edu>,
> Mackenzie-Hooson Margaret <cariadnemmh@gmail.com>,
> Malcolm Collier <mcollier@sfsu.edu>,
> Curtis Choy <chonkmoonhunter@yahoo.com>Subject: Where claim of Uighur throwing TV across room
> came from
>
> Dear all,
>
> This is the original source of the claim of Uighur prisoner
> throwing the TV across the room after watching women with
> bare arms in it. "When a woman with bare arms was shown
> on the screen, one of the group grabbed the television and
> threw it to the ground, according to the [Guantanamo]
> officials."
>
> China may protest resettlement of Uighurs but it's not
> expected to ruffle Sino-American relations because
> "there is nothing they {Beijing] can do about it.
> We're used to the United States being tough with
> us," Zhang Jiadong, an expert in terrorism at Fudan
> University's Center for American Studies, said.
>
> http://fairuse.100webcustomers.com/thatseemsfair/latimes0137.html
>
> Lam, Hon Pui
>

Unregistered
03-06-09, 21:00
Foxnews heli chong orun, hittay setiwalidighan undaq asan ishmu yokh. Khizim sanga eytay kilinim sen angla digen gepmu barghu. ular Amrikigha ochmenlik khilip emes bashkha Uyghurlardek aghzi kallisidin 2 kilomitir aldida yugureydighan mijezi tupeyli ishtiglik khilip sozlep salghini.

Yuqiridiki ademler ozenglarni azraq besiwelinglar! Towendikidek hetler manga kelip turidu. Lekin men bekmu ishinip ketmidim. Fox metbuati ozi bir yalghanchi metbuat. Amerkiliqlarmu Fox hewerlirini kop qismi kormeydu. Amerka jemiyitide ozining ishenchisini yoqatqan bir metbuatning hewiri bilenla 17 neper Uyghurgha qol shiltip ketsekmu bolmas. Eng aldi bilen heqiqetni sorushturup andin qol shiltsakmu ulgirimiz.
Hitay hokumiti Fox metbuatigha azraq pul berip qoyghan bolsa aghzigha kelgenni biljirlaydu. Siler erkin dunyada yashawetip azraq ozenglarni tutiwelishni bilmisenglar 17 neper qerindashtin sewr qelishni sorap aware bolmanglar.

> 19, 2009 6:48:09 PM PDTTo: Madeline Hsu <mhsu@sfsu.edu>Cc: Chris Wenchao Li <wenchao@sfsu.edu>,
> Curtis Choy <chonkmoonhunter@yahoo.com>Subject: Where claim of Uighur throwing TV across room
> came from
>
> Dear all,
>
> officials."
>
>
>
> Lam, Hon Pui
>

Unregistered
04-06-09, 00:34
Turdi, I think your message is very sensible and very "real", so to speak. I am an American and personally, I take no offense at what the Uyghur Gitmo prisoners have said. If I were them, I am pretty sure I would feel the same way. What our government has done to them is really shameful and they deserve to be angry. Seven years is a long time. Most of these guys are young. If someone is 28 years old, we're talking about a quarter of that person's life. I couldn't even imagine being locked up for a quarter of my life when I am innocent. However, I agree with you that these Uyghur men should have been more careful with their words when talking to the press because the press often represents statements out of context and also the vast majority of Americans are not aware of the fact that these men are innocent of any terrorist acts and might be frightened by their words. I don't know if you saw the "O'Reilly Factor" on Fox News tonight. Bill O'Reilly spent a substantial amount of time on the Uyghurs in Guantanamo. He was sparring back and forth with a political comedian named Dennis Miller (of Saturday Night Live fame). Ironically, Bill O'Reilly was standing up for the Uyghurs and Dennis Miller was making terrible jokes and statements about them. That is probably the first time I actually felt admiration toward Bill O'Reilly. I guess when something is unjust, even people you least expect will speak up.

Unregistered
04-06-09, 07:45
Buyerdiki ish ularning Amerikigha ochmenligidin emes belki Uyghurlarning aghzi bilen hissiyatining tormuzi bosh ikenligidin boliwatidu. Buni bashqilarning bulup qalghini yaman ish emes.

> came from
>
> Dear all,
>
> officials."
>
>
>
> Lam, Hon Pui
>