PDA

View Full Version : World For The Uyghur is so Hard

Unregistered
13-03-09, 23:56
M .Abdilim Abral
( I will present this paper for my Teacher Bawudun Niyaz . He offeredus his life as a tribute present with his respect and his life for Uyghur’s children and Uyghur’s education.)
“Our famous Teacher and poet Bawudun Niyaz died!”(passed away)
When I heard this news from RFA I couldn’t control my teardrops and my feelings are so sad , my mind and heart can remember almost everything of this man. He was an excellent teacher . His teaching for us was so modern. He presented his a whole life for us. He had such kindly eyes and heart. He loved all his students.
I remember when He taught us about Uyghur’s literary masterpiece “Khutatghu Bilik” and “Diwani Lugheteyin Turk”. He taught us about an Uyghur classic poem “Aruz wazni”.
Yes , the Uyghur people already lost their devoted son and excellent teacher . Uyghur children already lost their lovely teacher and Father!
This time my heart was broken . He commited his entire life for the Uyghur Teaching profession!
Bawudun Niyaz was an excellent Teacher , he was also a famous poet .But he can’t freely state his idea and publish his articles under the Chinese Communist suppression. Because in China , people do not have the freedom of speech and does not have freedom of information.
The Chinese Communist government controls everything . They control speech ,they control ideas…
Yes after 1980 the Chinese people had very little freedom, while the Uyghur nation had a small democratic idea.. But for Uyghur’s nothings

changed! Uyghurs still cannot shape their own destiny from their own hands!
Especially after the last decade of the 90's , because of the Chinese Government “Go West”plan , Uyghur people were not only just facing no form of freedom but no control over their lives and lost their very limited control along with all their personal economic control in to the Chinese government . The Chinese government took away the oil , gold, fortunes and hope of the Uyhur nation.
Uyghur people cannot enjoy freedom of speech and cannot state , their resentfulness and unfortunate experiences..
When an individual was talking about Uyghur freedom and civil rights and democracy or about Uyghur’s life on his/her works (of literature and art ) Chinese communist will take this person into jail and destroy all the literaray works and often the disrupt or destroy the writer's life.
Mr Bawudun Niyaz was an excellent teacher, he also was a powerful poet. He desired to write a spiritual about a Uyghur’s tragic scenes. He was sad, he moaned and he was distraught with grief for an Uyghur’s life. He also grieved because of the indignation for the Chinese aggressor. So he can’t stop writing and he wrote the poem “world for Uyghur is so hard !” . He can’t publish this poem on the publishing house but he can publish his poem inside the Uyghur’s heart. This poem propagated in the Uyghurs mind and heart to every one to relay a message and transmit the spiri t of the poem’s idea. Every one in the Uyghur nation familiar with this poem and Mr Bawudun Niyaz.
Mr Bawudun Niyaz used this verse(line)started his poem .
“You can’t find people in the world ,
Like Us , such poor people .
The world for Uyghur is so hard!
They come from foreign country,
But they are boss for us!
You know the world for Uyghur is so hard!

We do not have the same Voice ,
We do not have the same blood and features.
We do not have the same heart
You know the world for Uyghur is so hard .

They ravaged this beautiful place ,
We do not have a happy life(joyful)
We lost our wonderful dream.
You know the world for Uyghur is so hard!”
Mr Bawudun Niyaz use these lines as he told the world about an Uyghur’s tragic life, and again he also said Uyghur have a land of plenty but Uyghur life is so hard and poor.
“We stand on the Gold,
But we are so poor.
Why our ground is so narrow?

This place is for us, this wealth also for us,
All for Uyghur’s boys and girls.
But suffering, distress is also for us.
This mother land for us is so narrow,
It has became an inferno (outer darkness)
It has became a crows and owls nest
You know the world for Uyghur is so hard.”

Yes Uyghur have so much wealth, but Uyghur’s life is so poor . Right now Uyghurs cannot use their own wealth and do not have any freedoms. The poet Mr Bawudon Niyaz also talked about the Uyghur’s rebellious spirit.
“We put up heroic fighting,
Before, many times, just for freedom.
But we are still so sad.
You know "the world for Uyghur is so hard!”
He was trying to find “Why Uyghur’s revolt is doomed to fail?” His description was so lively and we can imagine a moving sight for innumerable/countlessyears !
“ Think , we have a lot of problem ,
So right now we have this life .
We also lost our Father's spirit.
So the world for Uyghur is so hard .

We are so honest and obedient,
We never said “ No !” , and “ Stop !”
We many time we strive to make peace,
So the world for Uyghur is so hard .
My people cry and are sad.
Our hearts tremble(shake)
Why are we coming to possibly a disgraceful end?
You know, the world for Uyghur is so hard.
We became almost to a state of chaos
Because so many times we lost our opportunity.
But our rival (opponent) has became powerful
Mr Bawudun Niyaz talk about the Han Chinese policy“Go west” .
He often used satire and parables.

“ They came from the East and opened the West .
They snatched and destroyed everything.
We became homeless in the motherland.

Look at the magnificent, huge and enchanting building,
Who will manage and enjoy these?
Uyghur do not have permission here.

They talk about “uniting us as one
But this place does not have any more equality
For us, just grievances and indignation.
You know the world for Uyghur is so hard.

He also described the Han Chinese as brutal, cruel and ferocious.
“Don’t look at me , I will remove your eyes,
Don’t speak, I will cut your tongue !
If you refuse (comply), or I will drink your blood!
Look ! the world for Uyghur is so hard.

Look at the foot of the hill on the Tangritagh ,
Everywhere just cold and icy.
No more warmth and sunlight .
You know the word for Uyghur is so hard .

We are at hero Sader’s later periods(generations)
We have a Hero like Perhat.
We are looking for their spirit.
Mr Bawudun Niyazi gave his poem the name “The world for Uyghur is so hard , but he does not just talk about Uyghur’s tragedy life and sad feelings, he also talks about the Uyghur’s brave courage and resourcefulness, and will to fight. He told us right now to advance bravely. He also talked about the Uyghur will to have a wonderful future . His poem was for every Uyghur to never give up with hope and courage. His uses these lines at the end of his poem.
A Moon and a star with us on the dark,
Freedom and Democracy is our dream .
The people and the mother land behind us .
The world for Uyghur is so hard .

Look , we all must stand up ,
Our hearts are burnt and angered.
Ours dream will finally come true.
That time is still not said ,
“The world for Uyghur is so hard !”

Yes, Mr Bawudun Niyaz is gone. He had a wonderful dream about Uyghur’s freedom and democracy. He has a dream he wants to become true . But he has passed away, he is gone .
This world did not give him this change and this opportunity. But he still presents his people and his students with a very valuable gift …
He gave us his last class and his last wish : Fighting for Freedom and democracy …

( Translator-Stephen P. Bintinger, Jr -sbinting@indiana.edu )

Amber
24-08-09, 10:20
so what if you look different. everyone does. look at the US, it's a melting pot!
why want to be independent?
okay. I know how that feels, I live in Hong Kong, but if you think right. China is One.
we are one!
I know China has a difficult problem with birth control, that is why they give couples a chance to have 1 child only. Do you know that in some East Europe countries they actually take the reproductive organs out of gypsies and romas? you should appreciate. life doesn't come easy.

Unregistered
05-09-09, 19:18
You live in Hongkong. You are chinese. Uighur live in East Turkistan, which is occupied by China. I guess if China occupied India, you will say 'China is one' too. China is one, that is true but inside the great wall. Everywhere ourside there do not belong to China if not invaded and occupied.
Chinese peoples are one? You want include Malyasia? Singapo? Mongolia?Vietnam? Taiwan?
China is not an immigration country like US. US is not a melting pot, but like a veggie salad, every ingradient is fresh clear but as a whole harmony. China is more like India or Russia or old Europe, but never like the US. China is a country inside the great wall with clear cut territory. China is a country far lagged behind regarding to the modern civilization. Chinese people can go to somewhere else to make a life, to improve their education, to do business, to learn and enjoy mordern civilization, but you can't occupy and then claim it 'China is one' with your huge population as execuse. Compare to Japan, India or some other countries, the density of the Chinese population inside the great wall is not that high. China did not purchased Uighur's land nor has treaty with Uighur peope, but invaded and occupied, robbed their country.
You live in Hong kong, you want 'China is one', that is your choice. Hongkong was ruled by England. Uighur don't accept Chinese come and rule them. Your Hongkong might be rule by yourself now, that is because you are chinese not Uighur. That because Uighur and Tibet are not Chinese, so they want manage their land by themselves, at least like you, a Hongkongness. If that is not allowed, if Chinese don't allow Uighur living like Uighur, independent is the only choice to live in peace with Chinese. Like in Europe, Uighur do have choice to be independent or be united with China with conditions to protect themselves in their homeland and able to freely develope at their will, that will avoid mass conflict and living harmony with Chinese. Giving all the real leadership to Han Chinese, making Uighur second class citizens, will not make world believe your claim 'China is one' is a good idea.

You cited an example of Eastern Europe, a crude example to support your current policy as 'mercy' compare to them? Uighur don't appraciate it. Just like those Europian countries, Uighur want to have their own country too. So, they will not be in danger under any kind of 'policy' by chinese. Uighur had been directly and indirectly killed and murdered for many years. Uighur people have been deprived from many basic rights as living civilized human for a long while. Your example indicated you are an mainland Communist Chinese immigration in Hongkong. Or, a faked Hongkongness. A real Hongkongness do have much greater sense of democracy, freedom and humanity.
If one day Uighur get independent, Uighur will support China totally control Hongkong without granting them current prilivages, to make sure 'China is one', like you stated. You will understand what a real china means at that time.

so what if you look different. everyone does. look at the US, it's a melting pot!
why want to be independent?
okay. I know how that feels, I live in Hong Kong, but if you think right. China is One.
we are one!
I know China has a difficult problem with birth control, that is why they give couples a chance to have 1 child only. Do you know that in some East Europe countries they actually take the reproductive organs out of gypsies and romas? you should appreciate. life doesn't come easy.