PDA

View Full Version : Best Uyghur VCD I Ever Watched

Unregistered
22-09-08, 22:15
Like many of you out there, I watch Uyghur VCDs from time to time to get a glimpse of the motherland and to follow the developments among our people back home. Honestly, most musical VCDs are boring and generally takes me 10-15 minutes to fast-forward. Majority of the VCD movies, with those ssssssssslowwwwwwwww moving scenes with endless fuitile attempts for most part (for me, anyway) to invoke sadness, are not even remotely entertaining. However, I watch them any way, generally keeping my fingers off the fast-forward button. Because, as I said at the beginning, I watch them not just for entertainment. You can imagine how often I come accross to something I really like----almost next to never. I said "almost", because last weekend I watched a musical VCD twice volunteerily (not a have-to watch scenarious with friends) and are planning to watch again. Can you believe it? I wouldn't have last week.

It is a folk-song collection by a singer whom I have never heard of--Eysabeg Mamut. He has a beautiful and haunting voice that brings out the best of what Uyghur folk songs have to offer. His contagious (you do not see that too often among Uyghur singers) and gripping stage performance is so smooth and fluid that you find yourself off your feet and flowing with it. That is what I call entertaining. The arrangement of the back-ground pictures also feel just right. The combination of dancing, by such famous dances as Reyhan Abliz, Tursunay and Rena, and cat walk by georgous Uyghur ladies provided perfect stage-setting. It has not used any of those silly special effects or clips featuring Dawanching wind-mills, desert scenes and dilapidating mud-brick countryside houses (well, I missed them too, but, once or twice would've been plenty). For once, everything clicked just right. Of course, most songs in it being from Kashghar-Atush region might have contributed to my joyful experience. But, when you see both the singer himself and the live audience are enjoying the performance, you know it is a good show.

If you enjoy Uyghur folk song, I highly recommend it.

Unregistered
23-09-08, 14:09
Could it possible to share of of his songs with us? I can provide web space for you to upload the videos.

thanks

Unregistered
24-09-08, 19:02
I would, but that would be a very public form of piracy punishable by huge fines by FBI if it comes to their attention. They are responsible for enforcing IP rights no matter whether they are issued in US or somewhere else. That means, CD, DVD or VCDs that are made and distributed in China are equally protected by FBI as the ones made and distributed in US. You never can be too careful, especially at this time when Uncle Sam's coffer is empty.

The VCD is published by Dilkuy Studio. Title of the VCD: Otung Yaman.
TEL: 0991-285-8532 or 138-998-08532.

Sorry, I could not agree to your suggestion.

Could it possible to share of of his songs with us? I can provide web space for you to upload the videos.

thanks

Unregistered
25-09-08, 23:15
If anybody has an audio CD of this artist, I would like to trade with the VCD. It would be nice to have a CD for the car.

Unregistered
25-09-08, 23:22
The following link contains one of the songs in the VCD.

http://www.bizning.com/cc/channel1/chanel1/20080903_122.html

Unregistered
25-09-08, 23:36
I googled his name and found all the songs in the album at the following link. I've never seen anyone with such a great voice and passionate performance. He hits every note just the way you wanted and gives life to even some boring songs to transform them to something you want to listen again and again. Enough talking, go enjoy. Do you agree it is the best Uyghur music VCD ever?

http://www.bizning.com/cc/listview.php?lid=14