PDA

View Full Version : References to 8th century Uyghur Khaganate

Unregistered
21-09-08, 22:31
Hi,
I am looking for English-language references to include in a bibliography about the history of the 8th century Uyghur Empire in what is now known as Mongolia.

So far, I have three:
Sinor, Peter, Editor; The Cambridge History of Early Inner Asia; Cambridge University Press; 1994; Chapter 12 pages 317-342.
Barthold, W.; Turkestan Down to the Mongol Invasion; Munishiram Manoharlil Publishers Pvt Ltd; 1992
Grousset, Rene; The Empire of the Steppes a History of Central Asia; Rutgers University Press; 1997

Also, if anyone has any references about the Great Uighur Empire that was 10,000 years ago, that would be helpful as well. From what I have seen so far, most of the evidence for the 'Great Uighur Empire" is just mis-dated from the Uyghur Khaganate (8th Century AD)

Unregistered
21-09-08, 22:45
Hi,
I am looking for English-language references to include in a bibliography about the history of the 8th century Uyghur Empire in what is now known as Mongolia.

So far, I have three:
Sinor, Peter, Editor; The Cambridge History of Early Inner Asia; Cambridge University Press; 1994; Chapter 12 pages 317-342.
Barthold, W.; Turkestan Down to the Mongol Invasion; Munishiram Manoharlil Publishers Pvt Ltd; 1992
Grousset, Rene; The Empire of the Steppes a History of Central Asia; Rutgers University Press; 1997

Also, if anyone has any references about the Great Uighur Empire that was 10,000 years ago, that would be helpful as well. From what I have seen so far, most of the evidence for the 'Great Uighur Empire" is just mis-dated from the Uyghur Khaganate (8th Century AD)

http://www.allempires.com/article/index.php?q=The_Uyghur_Empire

Unregistered
21-09-08, 22:56
Hi,

So far, I have three:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uyghur_people

Unregistered
22-09-08, 20:57
I suspect History of Xinjiang by James Millward have something on it. It is available from Amazon. I have not got a chance to read it yet though. I have recently read The Empires of the Steppes by Grousset. It is a good book for general information for Central Asia, but there is not enough information on Uyghurs.
Good luck on your research!

Unregistered
22-09-08, 21:18
There are lots of references at the end of the Cambridge History of Early Inner Asia, including the principal book by Collin Mackerras. Greousset's book is outdated, and some places are misleading. J. Millward gave many last publications.
Kahar Barat

Hi,

So far, I have three: